Get together and Pot Luck

cindy
on 5/13/03 6:27 am - Mesa, az
I was thinking on the lines of July. I have a really nice club house with a full kitchen and pool tables, swimming pool, hot tub, and I was thinking about having a WLS get together, pot luck, that way you could bring soft food, liquids, or anything, depending on what stage you are eating at, the club house has a full size refreg and a stove, and microwave, so anybody could cook what ever. And the bathing suit thing, this would be just for us, so we would all be in the same spot with how we look in bathing suits. There are showers inside the bathrooms, so everyone could shower and change clothes, we could check out what everyone brings to eat, protein shakes, and protein food and maybe exchange some receipts, and stories. This could be on a weekend day, like a saturday, it is so hard to get together for a evening, I do not drive at night because of my vision, and when you have a group that meets at a restauant, they expect you to spend money and eat, we can not, so this would not cost anyone anything except the gas to drive to Mesa. I live in North Mesa off the 101 hwy and McKellips exit. If I get enough people interested, than I can reserve the clubhouse and pool for the day. Please, let me know what you think, any ideas or suggestions.
Julie S.
on 5/13/03 7:38 am - S. Chicago Heights, IL
Hi Cindy, The get together thing sounds great!!! Right now I don't think there is enough people on these boards that will come. One person lives 75 miles away. I think it would be fun though. It would be great way to meet other's. Thanks for posting a reply to my message support in mesa. I did post a reply for you a couple of days ago to your reply. Anyways I hope more people find these message boards so we can plan something.
Gabby C.
on 5/13/03 9:38 am - Amado, AZ
I would love to add a get together to my schedule, however, I am south of Tucson about 45 minutes. If there is anyone in the Tucson area thats willing to do a pot luck or get together, let me know. I am 3 weeks post op and would love to visit with people about thier surgery, or fear of. My surgery was done in Phoenix by Dr. Newhoff.
Karla G.
on 5/14/03 3:25 pm - Wittmann, AZ
Cindy - I love it! I live near Wickenburg so it would take me a while to get there but it would be worth it. I think it would also be a great way for us to share some favorite recipes, etc. I'll keep reading to see what happens. I like the idea of meeting others in the journey.
TheMuse
on 5/27/03 3:34 pm - Puyallup, WA
Hello Cindy, I think it's a great idea to have a pot luck get together! I really do think we need to drum up a little attention on our Dr.'s forum pages for the message boards though. I will make a post on my Dr's page and if and when you decide to go through with it let me know and I will make it a date in my schedule book. I live in Surprise and perhaps some of us from my area could car pool. Let me know and keep me informed!
Most Active