Which Cigna do I choose?

Wayne R.
on 7/7/03 7:38 am - Phoenix, AZ
My new job offers me 3 choices in health insurance: Cigna, Cigna or Cigna. I can have the HMO, the PPO, or something they call "Platinum Care" I think. Anyone have any input on which won works better in terms of getting WLS approved? Any insights? I have to choose soon...
Tanya T.
on 7/7/03 7:53 am - mesa, az
Hi Wayne, I have Cigna HMO, and I believe that the requirements are the same regardless of PPO HMO or Platinum, so that should not be a problem. It is easier to not have to get referrals so given the choice I would go with the PPO option. The WLS doc for Cigna is Dr. Blackstone, I would call their office and talk to Becky and see if she thinks one would be better. Also you can look under insurers on the side of the page and find the seciton for Cigna and see what you see. Best wishes, Tanya
lemarie22
on 7/7/03 2:22 pm - Glendale, AZ
Hi Wayne, I have Cigna HMO, but open enrollment is rolling around so I called Becky at Dr. Blackstone's office for advice. She tells me that the requirements are exactly the same for all three options. Cigna is Cigna is Cigna. I suggest calling the insurance liaison where you work and see if they can help you. I wouldn't bother calling Cigna because you'll never get the same answer twice. I haven't been all that displeased with Cigna for the most part, but I haven't been denied for wls - YET. I may have a very different opinion in a month or two. Good Luck.
Most Active