Make room on the looser's bench!!!

jaynak
on 10/20/11 8:16 am - Canada
 I finally had my RNY surgery done on Monday afternoon!!!!  The first night was pretty rough, but since then things have gotten way better and I am so happy that I did this!!!!

For anyone having RNY surgery with Dr. Sampath make sure that you check the time with his office.  They called me a few days before my scheduled date and gave me a time to be at the hospital, well, they gave me the WRONG time!!!!  I got a call from the hospital about 9:30 in the morning wondering where I was as I was suppose to be there an hour before, but I had been told by Dr. Sampath's staff to be at the hospital at 11am for surgery at 1pm!!!!!  It all worked out because his other patient was also given the wrong time and was there waiting already, but I really thought for a few minutes that they were going to cancel my surgery.  So if you're having a RNY done he prefers to do that surgery before he does the sleeve surgery, so an arrival time of 11am for an RNY patient may be the wrong time!!!!

Now I just can't wait to get home to Kamlops and see my kiddos for the first time in a week!!!!

Jayna
TheCoach
on 10/20/11 9:00 am - Canada
It was nice running into you and prplady today!

Yeah they gave me and Jaynak the wrong times, and I ended up arriving early.

I'm getting ready to start exercising right away starting with a walk tonight!

Still haven't ate much. Just 1/2 an iced tea and a 1/2 cup of skim milk.

I cannot wait until I am further out to try some wonderful WLS recipes.

prplady
on 10/20/11 12:42 pm - Canada
Yes! It was so good to see you both at the hospital today... You both looked grea for just having had surgery.. It is too bad about the mix up with the times but it all worked out in the end..
I hope you had a good walk!

Jayna hopefully we can get together for another visit before you go back home.

HW 270  SW 226 CW 175.8 GW 150

Momx4kids
on 10/20/11 12:49 pm - Abbotsford, Canada
So great to hear all went well !!

chale
on 10/21/11 11:45 am - Canada
Jayna - great to see you on the other side!  My turn next - Oct 31 here I come!  I'm glad all went well.  I'm having the same procedure (VSG), so let's keep in touch.  Take care!

Cynthia
chale
on 10/21/11 11:46 am - Canada
Good heavens!  I've just realized you had the RNY!  Sorry about the mixup.  But let's keep in touch anyway!!

;-)

Cynthia
bamf
on 10/21/11 1:56 pm - Burnaby, BC, Canada
Hi Jayna:
I am so happy that your RNY went so well.  I am having no problems with mine, the only pain I have is from the 3rd surgery, done a week ago.  The weight seems to be coming off real fast, so I,m hoping that yours does too.  Good luck!
Barb Friesen
jaynak
on 10/21/11 4:16 pm - Canada
 Thanks everyone, so far things seem to be going well.  I can't wait to get to my house tomorrow and see my kiddos!!!!  A week away from them is just too long.  I also can't believe that I can't wait to get on the scale on Sunday and see if I have lost any weight (who woulda thought that getting on a scale would make me excited!!!).  

For anyone else that had the RNY, did you find that your tummy was making lots of funny noises???  I cannot believe the noise that my tummy has been making the last few days!!!  It doesn't hurt or bother me, it's actually kinda funny.
Momx4kids
on 10/21/11 5:27 pm - Abbotsford, Canada
Yes, my stomach still gurgles at 5 months out.
Rhonda

clovergirl
on 10/22/11 3:32 am - Canada
I'm sure the kids are going to be so excited to see you too Jaynak!! I'll be excited to see how the scale reacts for you too!! Keep us posted, and let us know how things are going. Just over 3 weeks for me
Most Active