Recent Posts

healthbound
on 6/22/11 5:36 pm - BC, Canada
Topic: RE: Support Group in Richmond -3rd Tues of every month?
No, no date yet.  I'm still doing all the tests.

I've done the sleep apnea and have my gastroscopy next Tuesday.  I saw Dr Zentner again today and have an appointment with the Garrett Wellness Center on the 29th.  I've got to call PAL back tomorrow and....hm what else....oh ya, of course keeping my food and excercise journal and reading Weight Loss Surgery for Dummies.

I'll be at the next support group in Richmond and will also check out the one at St Josephs.  It will be nice to meet some of the people from the forum in person :)

prplady
on 6/22/11 1:00 pm - Canada
Oh that is too bad that you didn't get the info in time to go.. Yes i hear about the Vancouver meetings and have been a couple times.. They also have them in Langley and Chilliwack and Abbotsford and possibly even Mission. I have been to Chilliwack and Langley. oh and mustn't forget New Westminster.Great to have lots of support. OH is having a Conference in July and several of us are attending... I have no date yet... waiting patiently...how bout you ... do u have a date?
healthbound
on 6/21/11 5:11 pm - BC, Canada
Thanks prplady.  I called Dr Sampath's office today to find out more info and was referred to calling Garrett.  But when I called Garrett I got their voice mail and left a message but didn't hear back from anyone.  So, I didn't end up going either.

There is another support group in Vancouver on the 1st Thursday of every month that I will go to though.

By the way, have you got a surgery date yet?

henner33
on 6/21/11 1:27 pm - Canada
Topic: RE: I have a date!!
Thank you everyone @Darlis  good luck to you too! 
prplady
on 6/21/11 11:05 am - Canada
The first meeting is tonight.. 630 I think..Unfortunately I am not able to attend.. boo pout hiss!!

I heard it is a focus group meeting.  They are wanting to get the info of what the people want..

I am hoping to hear what the outcome of the meeting is ... Please let us know (those that attended)
I definately plan on attending in the future...

It is going to be held at the Garrett Wellness Center
luckiestparentoftwo
on 6/21/11 9:17 am - Canada
Topic: RE: Chewable vitamins and Protein Drinks
i am having surgery july 1st in mexico also...i ended up deciding on the sleeve also...have you started pre op yet?
(deactivated member)
on 6/21/11 2:29 am - New Westminster, Canada
Topic: RE: I have a date!!
Good Luck, mine is July 4th, gastric plication in Mexico.... 
(deactivated member)
on 6/21/11 2:23 am - New Westminster, Canada
Topic: RE: Pre-op liquid diet
Hey, how did your surgery go?  I am seeing Dr. Ponce de Leon in 2 weeks, any info would be greatly appreciated?  Did you stay at the recover house?

Thanks
Darlis
(deactivated member)
on 6/21/11 2:18 am - New Westminster, Canada
Topic: RE: Chewable vitamins and Protein Drinks
Hi, I'm from New West and me and my sis are having surgery on July 4 in Mexico with Dr. Jaimie Ponce de Leon. My sis is getting the sleeve and I am getting the gastric plication.  I'm finding this very scary and exciting at the same time. I do not know the answer to your question, but wanted to say hi since we both live in Vancouver.......good luck with everything.

Darlis
healthbound
on 6/20/11 4:50 pm - BC, Canada
Topic: Support Group in Richmond -3rd Tues of every month?
Just wondering if anyone knows anything about a Support Group in Richmond that is held every 3rd Tuesday of the month?

Most Active