Dr. Casillas in West LA

acbbrown
on 4/6/11 12:35 pm - Granada Hills, CA
I have a consult appointment with Dr. Casillas tomorrow. Ive read a few reviews for him, and nothing bad pops up, so I'm hoping it goes well.  I'm more interested in the VSG than the RNY, and I've seen some reviews that he likes to try and convince people to go with the bypass. I'm prepared to have a full discussion with him on my choice, but I'm hoping it's not going to be a problem.

Has anyone had surgery with him?

I was told I can expect to wait about 6-8 weeks for surgery at this point. Does anyone know if that sounds about right, or whether it might take shorter/longer?

I'm very excited. I had some problems with my EKG, was diagnosed with a rare heart condition, and the cardiologist said he wasn't going to clear me for surgery until he did some more testing. Come to find out, after I left his office (the same day) he called Bariatrics and said it was fine for me proceed with surgery as long as I was taking the medication he gave me. I verified with him that I was cleared, and he said yes, so I don't know why he had to freak me out while I was in his office. I left feeling doomed, so now i'm really excited that it's not going to be an issue.

www.sexyskinnybitch.wordpress.com - my journey to sexy skinny bitch status

11/16/12 - Got my Body by Sauceda - arms, Bl/BA, LBL, thigh lift. 

HW 420/ SW 335 /CW 200    85 lbs lost pre-op / 135 post op

~~~~Alison~~~~~

Jean in the I E
on 4/12/11 12:43 am - Fontana, CA
Hi Allison,

I know that this reply will be after you've already had your consult but I had my VSG with Dr Casillas August 2009 and had a really good experience with him. The wait time was much shorter when I had my surgery - I could have had it a week after my consult but had to wait due to work. Hopefully all will go well and you get a date that is sooner than later :)

Take care...

Jean  I'm 45, 5' 4-1/2" -- 315/272/230 -- 43 lbs lost pre-op
"Progress, not perfection..." ~Dr. Roger Gould
Breast reduction & lift - 11/11/11 (sooo wonderful!!!)

Most Active