Surgery finally scheduled

acbbrown
on 5/11/11 12:09 am - Granada Hills, CA
I'll be having the sleeve done at West Los Angeles in June. From the time I got my referral from my PCP to the time of surgery will have been 9 months. It's seemed like an eternity while i was waiting, but I guess overall, it's not too bad.

Does anyone know if the Kaiser doctors at West LA require pre-op liquid diets? I have a pre-op appointment about 10 days before, so I'm assuming they would tell me then. The surgery scheduler didn't mention anything about it.

I'm very excited!

www.sexyskinnybitch.wordpress.com - my journey to sexy skinny bitch status

11/16/12 - Got my Body by Sauceda - arms, Bl/BA, LBL, thigh lift. 

HW 420/ SW 335 /CW 200    85 lbs lost pre-op / 135 post op

~~~~Alison~~~~~

Dave Chambers
on 5/11/11 1:55 am - Mira Loma, CA
Some type of pre-op eating program is usually required by most wt loss surgeons.  They want you to lose some wt just prior to surgery, which will shrink fatty liver deposits, making laproscopic surgery easier for the surgeon.  I had RNY through Kaiser, and failure to reduce fatty liver depostis to a satisfactory level may leave your surgeon no options except to do an OPEN procedure, which is more painful in the healing process.  I had to sign a waiver in the operating room, which stated:  I was scheduled to have a LAP procedure, but if conditions were warranted (fatty liver deposits, etc.), I authorized the surgeon to do the OPEN procedure. DAVE

Dave Chambers, 6'3" tall, 365 before RNY, 185 low, 200 currently. My profile page: product reviews, tips for your journey, hi protein snacks, hi potency delicious green tea, and personal web site.
                          Dave150OHcard_small_small.jpg 235x140card image by ragdolldude

acbbrown
on 5/11/11 3:16 am - Granada Hills, CA
Kaiser requires a 3 month program, and the surgeon is satisfied with my almost 75 lb pre-op loss.

www.sexyskinnybitch.wordpress.com - my journey to sexy skinny bitch status

11/16/12 - Got my Body by Sauceda - arms, Bl/BA, LBL, thigh lift. 

HW 420/ SW 335 /CW 200    85 lbs lost pre-op / 135 post op

~~~~Alison~~~~~

Caligirlgina
on 5/11/11 2:01 am - CA
I am having surgery on June 17th at Kaiser Harbor City. My doctor requires a two day liquid diet. However, I am going to do 2 weeks since that is what I did when I had a previous surgery. I am also bring my protein levels up to 120 a day. It helps you heal faster...at least in my case.
Thanks
Gina
shantele7824
on 5/11/11 3:02 am - SAN PABLO, CA
I don't know the answer to your question but wanted to say good luck on finally geting a date, it will be here before you know it!!!
First Meeting with Surgeon:2/10/2011  weight was 460
Surgery Date:5/03/2011  Weight was 428
Revsion To RNY 06/26/2012 Weight 

kandis74
on 5/11/11 11:40 am - Bakersfield, CA
Hello Alison,
I don't know about W. La but up here at Bakersfield Kaiser we had to do the 2 week liquid diet thing. I also had about a 10 month wait from the time I asked my pcp about wls until I actually had wls a month ago. Congrats for surgery being scheduled.

@ Gina-Congrats , your surgery will be here before you know it!

Kandis

bebaugh
on 5/11/11 1:02 pm - Merced, CA
Congratulations on your surgery date. Between now and then get your kitchen ready with what you will need after surgery. It is much easier to do it now than later. We will be making room on the loser's bench for you. Since everyone is losing weight there is always plenty of room.

Bebaugh (Elizabeth)

"Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending." Carl Bard    

Most Active