MEDICAID AND MEDICARE SURGEONS LIST!

ravengrrl
on 4/14/09 9:53 am - Thornton, CO
Dr. Georgescu takes Medicaid, but I believe it needs to be traditional Medicaid and not an HMO type medicaid.  He's in Thornton and uses North Suburban Hospital. 
9351 Grant St.
Suite 400
Thornton, CO 80229
303-452-0059

trevizojaneth
on 11/19/10 2:03 am
Did you have a hard time to get approved thru medicaid? I called  Dr Georgescu  office and they reffereed me to a seminar but it seems to be hard to get into this seminar. Do you need a primary care doctors refferal once you go thru the seminar and to eentually start the process?
rachel1979
on 1/27/12 3:54 pm - Aurora, CO
Did you have to have a pcp referral in order to receive surgery.  I have a BMI of 50, but my pcp says that I have no co-morbidities and that I should just eat less.  I have tried to eat less and exercise, but each time I lose weight, i end up gaining more.  I have traditional medicaid in Colorado.
cdreamyd
on 1/29/12 5:53 am - CO
RNY on 03/05/12
Call Dr Georgescu office and set up an appt. You will have to go to a seminar but it doesnt matter what your PCP says if you have ahigh enough BMI u should be a ccandidte and they handle it all for you. And they only accept the traditional medicaid. They are awesome.
rachel1979
on 1/29/12 12:42 pm - Aurora, CO
Thank you so much.  I have been thinking about this.  You have eased my mind.  This is the first year that I have considered surgery.  I know that by dieting, I have had many failed attempts and gain more weight.  Thank you for answering my question.  Planning to attend a seminar hopefully Feb. 9, but possibly in March due to my brother in laws failing health with cancer.
cdreamyd
on 1/29/12 2:14 pm - CO
RNY on 03/05/12
If you submit a req for an appointment on their website you may be able to get things started prior to going to the seminar. I did. Cause there is something that you can already work on like your labs, xrays,and EKG. You can also start your psych eval. There is one Psychologist that I know of that accepts medicaid. You do still have to pay her $65.00 for a fee for the paperwork but atleast you can get those appointments out of the way. I had to wait like a month to see the Dr. So it was nice getting everything else going while I waited and I attended the seminar the day before my appt with the DR. You also have to pay 225.00 for the dietician. Right now I am just waiting on my approval from medicaid.
Griver16
on 11/13/14 3:02 pm

Ty soooo much.. I just attended the seminar. Can you email me to send me the psych info.. [email protected] 😃

Patrece S.
on 5/16/09 1:51 am, edited 5/16/09 1:52 am - CO
Yes Penrose St. Francis does accept medicare. The surgical team is excellent. They are a center for excellence. I had my RNY with Dr. Fedorak, and it went perfectly! They are located in Colorado Springs. The office phone number is 719-635-2501.

When using medicare, you must go through 6 months of medically supervised weight loss program. (overseen by your MD). Once the 6 months is completed, then you are eligable to have the wls pd for by medicare, providing you meet the guidlines...bmi, co-morbidities, ect) You will have a series of appointments once you are accepted as a patient by them. It generally takes about 2 to 4 months to have your surgery once you start the process with the surgeons office.

The name of the surgical team / center is Colorado Springs Surgical Associates.

Patrece
JUST DO THE NEXT RIGHT THING!
Obesity Help Support Group Leader & Coach
http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/bariatricbuddy          

Lost 114 lbs. working on getting rid of a recent 10 lb regain...and WILL succeed! 

successforce
on 6/6/09 1:17 pm - Bella Vista, AR

I am moving back to Colorado from Arkansas (went to OK for my LapBand) and will need to have fills.  I am on Medicare and wonder if anyone can let me know of a doctor in the Brighton, CO area that accepts medicare for their follow-ups and fills.  I could do the North Denver or downtown or even Greeley.

Carol

Elizabeth J.
on 6/7/09 3:32 am - Sterling, CO

Carol,

Hey there. I can tell you for certain that any doctor/hospital which is listed as a "Center of Excellence" will accept your insurance. I myself have Medicaid so it was difficult to find a good doctor because of it. However, Dr. Johnell at Greeley Bariatric accepts it and he is a great Bariatric Surgeon. Try him if you find nothing closer to you.

Em

Most Active
Recent Topics
Denver Metro Area?
3LittleMonkeys · 0 replies · 4625 views
Thoughts on Dr. Long in Parker?
WitchySar · 1 replies · 5629 views
Anyone in Colorado Springs?
JayBay · 1 replies · 5870 views