MEDICAID AND MEDICARE SURGEONS LIST!

ravengrrl
on 6/7/09 3:50 am - Thornton, CO
Dr. Georgescu accepts Medicaid and I'm pretty sure he accepts Medicare as well.  He's in Thornton, which is about 8 - 10 miles south of Brighton. 

http://theincredibleshrinkingfattie.wordpress.com/ H/W: 375, S/W: 300, C/W: 285

chabui
on 6/28/10 1:36 pm
successforce
on 12/6/09 4:29 am - Bella Vista, AR
I moved here in July and needed to connect with a Medicare doctor.  I called many on the forum and have found only 2 groups that do Bariatric Medicare patients.  Many accepted Medicare but NOT for Bariatric patients!  The two that I found at this point are Dr. Tillquist at 303-789-1877 and Dr. Snyder (don't have his phone number).  I also found that Dr. Snyder's group requires a $210 deposit which is NOT billed to Medicare!  I was surprised this was required even though I was not consulting for the surgery but coming to them after I had surgery in another state!  It seemed a consult fee is for new surgery but not so!

I did not call University Hospital so I don't know about them.  It is possible that may used to but do not now take Medicare given all the changes and stuff going on with it.

Carol
ChristyC
on 5/23/10 11:38 pm - Pueblo, CO
Hey all that read this. I have found and amazing  place that does take medicaid not sure about medicare but they might.   The place is called  ::  

Bariatric Center Of The Rockies 

Northern Colorado Surgical Associates, P.C.
212 E. Harmony Rd. Suite 250
Fort Collins, CO. 80528
 1-888-699-6272
www.ncsurgical.net

daliaycholo
on 5/17/11 1:10 am - platteville, CO
help?dose any one now a ds surgen that is closest to colorado who dose revion from a rny to a ds? and who exepts mediced?
Mrsmary04
on 6/26/11 7:32 am - CO
RNY on 07/05/11 with

Name: Dr. Kevin Rothchild and Dr. Jonathan Schoen

If they accept Medicare and or Medicaid: I know for a fact that they accept Medicaid I was just approved for my surgery and will be having it July 5th, 2011

Phone number: 720-848-8070

Facility University of Colorado Hospital Surgical Weight Loss Center Anschutz Medical Campus

Address Not sure of exact address but it is the hospital on the corner of Colfax and Peoria in Aurora.

p.s The submitted all my paperwork to medicaid on June 16th and it was accepted by them on June 20th so not even a week to approve so my surgery date was moved up for July 19th to July 5th. You have to have the physo. eval and do a NUT. Class. They just starting have a NUT. Class at the hospital this month for $100 if I would have gone else where for the NUT. Class it would have been $200.

cdreamyd
on 1/22/12 1:14 pm - CO
RNY on 03/05/12
I know for sure Dr Georgescu and Dr Metz take medicaid these are the only 2 in the Denver area I have found that do take it. I chose Dr Georgescu because his office staff is amaxing and make the process so easy. They have no problems with answering your questions no matter how many you ask... Sara Hess is awsome. She makes things soooo easy..
caligirl2829
on 7/27/12 4:44 pm - Aurora, CO
VSG on 10/16/12
 I have 2 that accept medicaid in the Denver-Metro area:

Dr. Jeffrey L. Johnson @     *** This is MY surgeon and they have a wonderful Bariatric team at DH
Denver Health Hosp.           also, Dr Johnson is the Director of the Surgical ICU and he works on 
777 Bannock St                 trauma victims, so if you needed any other surgeries he would be able to 
Denver, Co  80204              take care of you while already being familiar with your bariatric issues.
(303) 893-6000                  **He primarily does OPEN RNY gastric bypass.
denverhealth.com

Dr. Matthew Metz @          ** Dr. Metz specializes in Bariatric medicine & LAPROSCOPIC                                                            procedures with other options like Lap Band, VSG (sleeve),RNY and 
Parker Adventist Hosp.       revisions.
Bariatric & Medical Center of Co. 
9395 Crown Crest Blvd
Parker, Co 80138
(303) 269-4370

God bless!    

Deb 

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

caligirl2829
on 11/7/12 9:27 pm - Aurora, CO
VSG on 10/16/12

In response to all the ?s about MediCaid coverage for WLS in Colorado- I ended up having my surgery with Dr Metz at Parker Adventist hospital on 10-16-2012. He is an incredible surgeon and his staff was top notch. They are a Center of Excellence facility and it shows! Everything is done in house i.e. Nut, Psych, Seminar & weightloss classes and I had ZERO out of pocket expense!! I was approved with straight MediCaid with a BMI of 40.1 and no co-morbidities. See above posts for address & phone #

God bless!    

Deb 

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

iamlove
on 11/10/12 8:10 pm - Denver, CO
RNY on 12/17/12

Hi Caligirl!  I also have medicaid and I'm going through Dr. Metz office, but he is no longer there as of last week.  Can you tell me how long it took for medicaid to approve you? I am in about the same boat as you, but my BMI is higher with no co-morbidities. I am scheduled for December but have not yet been approved. They are transferring my surgery over to Dr. Long he is in the same office and also accepts Medicaid. 

Congrats on your surgery... I hope all is well!!!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Denver Metro Area?
3LittleMonkeys · 0 replies · 4624 views
Thoughts on Dr. Long in Parker?
WitchySar · 1 replies · 5629 views
Anyone in Colorado Springs?
JayBay · 1 replies · 5870 views