First Surgeon Appointment

jordensmommy6906
on 1/26/10 2:21 am - Golden, CO
Feb. 4th is the date for my first appointment with Dr. Brown at colorado bariatric institute. I am very excited and I have to admit a little nervous as well but in a good way! What I am wondering is does anyone have any advice for me as to what I should do to prepare myself for this first visit? Any good questions to ask? Thank you so much in advance!!!
Cat-Johnson
on 1/27/10 4:40 am
I went through Dr. Brown also for RNY. I think at the first appointment you meet with the phychiatrist, nutritionist and Dr Brown. They all just want to make sure you are stabile and know everything that the surgery involves including supplements, exercise and following rules afterwords. I actually set my surgery date during the 1st appointment. Good Luck on the journey. I also attend the Littleton Support group since it is closer than the support group for Dr Brown. Please attend if you have any questions. There are people from different surgens, time out from surgery and surgery types that attend. It is very informative.

Good Luck
jordensmommy6906
on 1/28/10 2:30 am - Golden, CO
Ok thanks for the info! I will definately have to check into the littleton support group!
trekkie2
on 1/28/10 8:47 am
exciting!! I had my appointment on 1/14/10. I am scheduled for 2/9/10. I was nervous about my appointments, but it was awesome!! Everyone was so helpful and able to answer all my questions. I really appreciated that fact that I live in southwest colorado and it was about a 8 hour drive for me and they got every thing done in one day. Couldn't ask for any better.  Good luck and have fun!
jordensmommy6906
on 1/29/10 5:14 am - Golden, CO
You are scheduled to have the surgery that soon? Wow that is amazing! Best of luck to you too!
trekkie2
on 2/5/10 3:14 am
I know I couldn't believe it went so fast!! I had no trouble with insurance, no trouble with the doc and no trouble with time off work. I am totally taking this as a sign that things are going to be great!
jordensmommy6906
on 2/5/10 7:35 am - Golden, CO
WOW that is amazing! I seen him yesterday and I have to wait 6 months because (unfortunately) I have stupidly smoked and have to be smoke free in order to have the surgery! But at least I have a little more time to prepare and try to lose some more weight before hand!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Denver Metro Area?
3LittleMonkeys · 0 replies · 4650 views
Thoughts on Dr. Long in Parker?
WitchySar · 1 replies · 5666 views
Anyone in Colorado Springs?
JayBay · 1 replies · 5897 views