New to Denver

sharon97603
on 3/17/10 4:19 am - Brighton, CO
Hi all,
moved here in December, had my RNY surgery in Oregon in June 09.  I've plateaued at 70 lbs loss, a lot of the problem is staying with my daughters until house sold in Oregon, and too much gnoshing.  Ironically, I can eat little crunchy things, it's the regular food I can only get down about 6 oz of, still get hungry an hour or so after I eat.  I will continue with the protein drinks for breakfast for the rest of my life, I think, and I've started at the fitness center to work on the wingflaps and turkey neck, and inner thighs....I'm over 50, so the skin issues are bugging me.  I look my age for the first time in my adult life I think as well.

BUT no longer diabetic, since a few weeks after the surgery
Off all blood pressure meds since in the hospital
No more cholesterol meds
In fact, no prescription meds at all, hooray!  and the energy is fabulous, and I want more

Looking for a support group anywhere between Lakewood where I work, and Brighton where I'm living for the time being. 
May decide to go back to OA for the gnoshing and food addiction issues (and the starbucks frappucino twice a week!) 

So, long and short?  I need the support group again, I need to get over the hump and get below 200 (started out at 304) and I need to fellowship with other people in the same experiences

Home email [email protected]
As I recall, replies to postings I get an email....

thanks!
Sharon
Yvonne S.
on 3/22/10 2:52 pm - Littleton, CO
Hi Sharon!

Welcome to Denver/Brighton!

My name is Yvonne Stanley and I am the Support Group Leader for the Littleton Support group.

We meet every 2nd and 4th Thursday of the month and it just so happens that I went to post a reminder for our meeting this week and saw your "New to Denver" posting.....

You are welcome to join us at:

Faith Community Church this Thursday - from 6:30 pm to 8:00 pm  6228 S Carr Ct, Littleton, CO  80123  (S.Wadsworth & Bowles area)

If you have any problems finding the place - call me at 720-480-3221.

Yvonne S.
OH Certified Support Group Leader/Coach
sharon97603
on 3/23/10 12:03 am - Brighton, CO
Yvonne,
Thanks so much!  I work at the Fed Center on 6th and Kipling, I leave around 445 heading NW for Brighton.  I'm hoping to have a place down this part of Denver when my house sells in Oregon (sigh) right now I live in my daughter's home, so it's a 28 mile commute every morning and evening, 45 minutes or so.  I'm not sure I will make it back down this Thursday, but I'm putting it on my calendar. 

I missed the Fitness Center on Friday, should have gone yesterday, but Mondays are difficult sometimes, aren't they!  I need to go 3 X a week, trying hard to establish a habit, but very difficult, and I still feel ugly and have "public appearance" issues!

Will see you hopefully soon!
sharon
Most Active
Recent Topics
Denver Metro Area?
3LittleMonkeys · 0 replies · 4650 views
Thoughts on Dr. Long in Parker?
WitchySar · 1 replies · 5666 views
Anyone in Colorado Springs?
JayBay · 1 replies · 5897 views