Primary Care Phys. in Co. Springs

sweetishgirl
on 3/25/10 2:59 am - Colorado Springs, CO
Please help!  I am trying to find a local primary care physician in Co. Springs that knows what to do for their patients to help them get approved for WLS through their Insurance carrier!!
My doctor said that she would just supply the insurance company my weight history and medical records.  I have high blood sugar, gerd and pain in my joints, but no diabetes, etc.  My doc thinks that my ins. may not approve me because my conditions are not serious enough.  I am 5'7" and 280 lbs.  Also, I am 41 and am having a hard time just doing normal things like cleaning the bath tub!  If there is anyone out there that would be able to recommend a PCP that cares and understands what people go through trying to lose weight and fight the insurance companies, I would welcome any information you could send my way!!
I have been over 200 lbs. since 9th grade and been on every diet ever invented.  I look forward to getting your help!
Mishelle R.
on 3/26/10 6:00 am
Do not have your pcp try to get your insurance approval. Chances are it will go into denial. What I'd recommend is get the appointment with the surgeon and let them work with the insurance company to get your approval. I even heard that if the pcp puts in a referral it can cause an issue. I See your Dr. is with CSSA - have Jody tell you what needs to be done for insurance reasons. Typically if your need your pcp's help its for the 6mos of doctor supervised diet - going tot he pcp each month to have recorded weight and diet. Good luck

Type 1 diabetic for 25 years - pumping for 12 years.

huskerfan85
on 5/16/10 1:42 am - Colorado Springs, CO
If you still need a primary doc, you should try Dr. Brien Whittington.  He helped me gt approved 3 years ago and does a lot of my follow up now.  He sends my blood work to the surgeon so I do not have to see both.
Gayle  6'2" 

Melody D.
on 9/6/10 4:21 pm - Pueblo, CO
My PCP is in Woodland Park- Dr. Casie Chen- and yes, she's worth going up the mountain to see.

Joan T.
on 10/6/10 10:44 am - CO
I have Medicare and BCBS , I called BCBS myself to find out what they require, then I turned it over to the surgions office. they havean Insurence coordinator that is really a big help.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Denver Metro Area?
3LittleMonkeys · 0 replies · 4650 views
Thoughts on Dr. Long in Parker?
WitchySar · 1 replies · 5666 views
Anyone in Colorado Springs?
JayBay · 1 replies · 5897 views