Need advice on WLS friendly PCP in Pueble

kb2010
on 4/1/10 12:00 pm - CO
Hi all-

I am a new member of OH and a fairly new member of the state of Colorado. I am looking for a PCP for the family and one who is supportive of the WLS journey. I have waited over 10 yrs to have insurance that doesn't exclude surgery and now that I am so close..I feel stuck on what to do. I live around the Canon City area so any advice on meetings and hospitals would be great. I look forward to meeting my fellow Colorado friends.

Thanks--Kim
Changing4Life
on 4/4/10 1:39 pm
Hello Kim,

Dr. Rochelle Elijah is a PCP and is a WONDERFUL family doctor!   She is located off of Hwy 50 and Pueblo Blvd in the Southern Colorado Clinic.  She is my family doctor and she was totally supportive of my choice to have RNY.  Since the office is on the west side of Pueblo, it would even be closer for you if you are in Canon City.  Good luck!
kb2010
on 4/5/10 12:29 am - CO
Thank you so much for your help. I have looked into surgeons and am wondering if the Colorado Surgical group is a good one. Do you have any advice on that?
Changing4Life
on 4/5/10 10:47 am

Sorry, I do not know anything about the Colorado Surgical group, so I can't help you with that one.  I had my surgery in Denver (long drive for all of the appointments though!).  My surgeon was Dr. Matthew Metz and he was with CBSI, but he is no longer with them and I am not sure if he has found a new hospital to work out of, but if you can find him, he was an awesome surgeon!!  Anyway, I am also pretty sure that there is a support group that meets at St. Mary Corwin Hospital in Pueblo every second and fourth Tuesday night (I think...I still have not actually been able to make it to a meeting, although I would really like to attend one!!).  If you are interested in those meetings, I'm sure someone else on here should be able to tell you for sure when the meetings are.  Good luck!

Lynda V.
on 7/14/10 7:33 am - Florence, CO
Hi Kim,
My PCP is Dr Buttons office and I see Suzanna Shepard. SHe is great. She sent mr to Ft collins and I went last week and already have surgery date. Yeahhhh.. If you want you can email me ([email protected])and I will send you my number and we can talk.
Good Luck,
Lynda
Life is just starting            
Most Active
Recent Topics
Denver Metro Area?
3LittleMonkeys · 0 replies · 4650 views
Thoughts on Dr. Long in Parker?
WitchySar · 1 replies · 5666 views
Anyone in Colorado Springs?
JayBay · 1 replies · 5897 views