INTRODUCE yourself....

laurenskapolska
on 1/26/11 2:59 am - Windsor Locks, CT
1. First name   Lauren
2. Area or Town your from  Northern Connecticut
3. Surgery date  Hoping for late March, early April 2011
4. Surgery Doctor Pavlos Papasavas
5.. Starting weight 265
6. Current weight 265 (hopefully can lose 20 before surgery)
8. Goal Weight 150
9. 5 Top Goals for your first year Post Op 
     1) Walking the dog every day without getting winded - joining my friend and her pooch for a 3 mile a day walk.
     2) Exercising (and liking it)
     3) Getting off as many prescription meds as is medically possible      4) Knowing what it feels like to leave the table "full" and not spend my day planned around food.
     5) After a year Post Op, taking a long, adventurous vacation, which isn't centered on food nor on how close my hotel room is to the beach so I don't have to walk too far :--)
10. a little about yourself and why you chose RNY, Lapband, DS or any other surgery for weight loss. If you did not choose surgery you are more then welcome to be here and your choice is just as amazing as ours was we still need you and want you here.  :)  I picked RNY at the advice of my WL doctor -- for maximum weight loss and to combat my Type II diabetes.  I definitely need all the help I can get and limitations on what I can eat.   Being celiac, I also have to watch that what I eat will be gluten free.      It isn't going to be a walk in the park, but it certainly is the jump start I need to achieve my main goal -- to live a long, healthy life.  
Scott William
on 2/5/11 7:11 am
Hey Everyone,  Angela again,  Listen I thought it would be a good idea for everyone to introduce themselves again on here since this Connicticut site has been so slow for so many months. Lets get to know each other.  Add each member that responds to your friends list (if you choose) and then use them as a support team.
Include the following in your responce to this post.
1. First name - Scott
2. Area or Town your from - Ledyard
3. Surgery date 12-9-05
4. Surgery Doctor - Dr. Valin
5.. Starting weight - 375 - maybe more
6. Current weight - 255
7. Surgery Date 3-9-04
8. Goal Weight -235
9. 5 Top Goals for your first year Post Op - Reached goal weight - ran marathon - cant remember others.

10. a little about yourself and why you chose RNY, Lapband, DS or any other surgery for weight loss. If you did not choose surgery you are more then welcome to be here and your choice is just as amazing as ours was we still need you and want you here.  :)  I chose the RNY because that was what my insurance would pay for.  I didn't have much choice.
Scott

Link to my running journal
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1303681

4 full's - 14 halves - 2 goofy's and one Mt. Washington!
bunny B.
on 2/8/11 2:41 pm - Norwich, CT
Hi Annmarie here, Norwich.  I had RNY in Hartford on Sept 30 2010, start was 284 now at 206!   happy happy happy.. no complikcations at all TG.. my Bf is now going through his pre op stuff...
my goal weight is 160...

#1 CURED diabetes!!!! I left the hospital with NO meds and an a1c of 5.1!!!!
#2living a long life so I can enjoy my kidsgoing up more ( 27,22, 16 and 12)
#3 start swimming at the YMCA again
#4 get off all meds  almost all cut in half and the  diabetes meds are gone!
#5. go to a square dance or polka dance and be able to DANCE

I chose RNY for the extreme  no nonsense permanent. to get rid of the diabetes. the day they put me on insulan I started the journey..I flet more extreme would guide me better.. so far so good ( yup a newbie)

yippy to a new life!!!!!!!!! .
didim62
on 2/9/11 10:24 pm, edited 2/9/11 10:25 pm - Kensington, CT
1. First name : Diane
2. Area or Town your from: Berin
3. Surgery date: Not scheduled yet
4. Surgery Doctor: Dr. Mitchell Roslin, Northern Westchester Hospital , Mt Kisco , NY
5.. Starting weight : 371
6. Current weight: 371
7. Goal Weight: I'd be happy at 160
9. 5 Top Goals for your first year Post Op:
1. To become healthy.
2. To be able to walk without pain and a distance.
3. To join the living again and not isolate myself.
4. To be able to do housework and other activities (exercise)without having to stop every 10 minutes.
5. To be able to take paint my toes myself , fit in a booth, shop at a regular clothing store..................list can go on.
I am 49 years old and have been separated for some time. I have been heavy all of my life but my health started to be affected a few years ago when I went through many life changes in a short period of time. I am unemployed searching for a job with a Masters in Human Services and have been unsuccessful in finding a job. I originally was going to have the RNY then learned of the DS, however, my insurance would not cover it. Dr. Roslin informed me that the VSG (step 1 of the 2 part DS) was better for me due to my BMI and that my weight was mostly in my belly and that I had a large hernia. Unfortunately at the time the VSG was not covered either. On Halloween night (2010)I learned that the VSG is now covered by my insurance. I made an appointment as soon as I could and had my first consult Dec. 2 and at this time I am waiting for approval. I chose the VSG because of the Drs. recommendation but also because after he recommended the VSG and I researched it and read many posts of successful VSGer's I decided that this surgery would best fit my lifestyle and I did not want to endure some of the things that you have to with RNY or DS. Everybody has their reasons for choosing the surgery they chose and I wish success to all!
Didi ..... Sleeved and living my NEW LIFE!!!!

Highest WT 381   Surgery WT (367.8)    Current WT 236
(deactivated member)
on 2/12/11 10:24 pm - CT

Hello Everyone, can't wait to get the CT board active again..

1. First name    Tara

2. Area or Town your from   Preston, Ct

3. Surgery date:  First RNY 2-11-2005 - waiting for a revision

4. Surgery Doctor:   Dr. Robert Bell

5.. Starting weight:  In 2005 day of surgery 298 ,  

6. Current weight:  265 :O(

7. Surgery Date:  beginning stages for revision

8. Goal Weight:  160

9. 5 Top Goals for your first year Post Op:  Is to go to the park with my children,  to want to go out and dress up without having anxiety woundering what people think of me and not feeling good about myself.  I would love to run a 5K  and just be healthy !!!

10. a little about yourself and why you chose RNY, Lapband, DS or any other surgery for weight loss. If you did not choose surgery you are more then welcome to be here and your choice is just as amazing as ours was we still need you and want you here.  :)    

I want to acheive what I didn't the first time around,  God is giving me a second chance to get healthy and to get this weight off forever.  I failed the first surgery it didn't fail me.  I had alot going on in my life that wasn't good.  I am at a great place in my life and am ready to beat this deamon once and for all. I am ready to adhear to the challanges set before me,  I am ready to change the things in my life that brought me to this point again.  RNY is a gift that shouldn't be taken for granted.  I am a testimonie that if you don't change the things in your life that brought you to this point than you will only end up back here again.  RNY is a gift.  Don't let yourself fail it.  I am currently waiting for a revision.  I am so excited and am ready !!!

Most Active
Recent Topics