Let's do a poll: Do you drink protein shakes?

Lori Black
on 7/22/09 11:49 pm - , IN
I love, love, LOVE, Champion Nutrition new whey stack in the chocolate flavor.  All I do to mix mine is add 1 1/2 scoops of the chocolate powder in 4 oz of water and shake well.  I then pour the mixture over ice and it goes down easy and isn't a huge shake!  Each shake is 34.5 grams of protein and only about 6 oz of liquid!!! 

The thing to keep in mind about protein is that you may not LOVE it at first, but you do grow to like it.  I'm addicted to mine, I think it tastes like Yoo-hoo chocolate milk.  Find one that goes down and stays down and that the flavor doesn't make you gag.  Trust me, you grow accustomed to it in a short amount of time.  A couple of tricks when first starting....only serve your drinks VERY cold, and drink them from a container with a lid.  Some people use coffee mugs with lids, I use a shaker that has a pour spout and just drink from the spout.  The smell of shakes was more offensive to me in the beginning than the flavor, so keeping the lid on worked wonders!

You can get samples of a variety of brands and flavors at Vitalady.com for $1.99 each.  Good luck!

Lori
jgoodman0602
on 7/23/09 2:56 am - Royse City, TX
this is excellent advice and didn't realize it was a strategy!  I enjoy my protein coffee WAY more when i drink in the to go coffee mug with the lid that I have.  this post made think about that.... I tried banana scream and after about twice, i started gagging when i tried to drink it.  serving it cold, perhaps with water instead of milk and in a cup with a lid might make it drinkable again.  thanks lori!

Jodi

Created by MyFitnessPal - Easy Calorie Counting

Vicki In A Clam Shell
on 7/23/09 12:16 am - near Louisville, KY
I mix 1 1/2 scoops in 1 cup water, shake, pour over ice and drink with a straw.  Point is, don't give up if it isn't good the way Lori likes hers, or if it stinks the way I like mine, just change it up a bit and try again.
I owed it to myself to research the duodenal switch before consenting to any other weight loss surgery and so do you.  Check out DSFacts.com and DuodenalSwitch.com for more information.  Remember think twice, cut once, revisions are risky and revision surgeons are rare.
 DS Lab Rats 

Guate Wife
on 7/23/09 12:38 am - Grand Rapids, MI

Tara,

There are around 10 DSers meeting up for dinner next Thursday night (July 30th) at Logan's near Rivertown Crossings Mall (Grandville) @ 6pm.  Come and join us if you would like!

If you would like to sample any protein powders prior to buying, I can bring some along for you.  I use several different Unjury, Champion, Nectars, and IDS proteins.

~ I am the proud wife of a Guatemalan, but most people call me Kimberley
Highest Known Weight  =  370#  /  59.7 bmi  @  5'6"

Current Weight  =  168#  /  26.4 bmi  :  fluctuates 5# either way  @  5'7"  /  more than 90% EWL
Normal BMI (24.9)  =  159#:  would have to compromise my muscle mass to get here without plastics, so this is not a goal.

I   my DS.    Don't go into WLS without knowing ALL of your options:  DSFacts.com

sia
on 7/22/09 11:45 pm - NY
 At least two Oh Yeah Drinks a day. Strawberry and Vanilla. I also add in designer whey protein and sometimes jarrow protein or isopure.
We Are A Fever. We Are A Fever. We ain't born typical. ~ The Kills
If you have any g-ddamn sense and want WLS, think about the DS.www.dsfacts.com
Lori Black
on 7/23/09 12:01 am - , IN
Sia,

How are the Oh Yeah Drinks?  I hear people saying they're decent!  Where do you buy yours and how much are they?  Are they ready made or a powder?

Lori
sia
on 7/23/09 4:08 am - NY
 Mrs. Lori, I go to Vitamin Shoppe, GNC and my new favourite, because of Tom: Netrition!! SO CHEAP at Netrition (well, when they have a sale on it, but still cheap with next day shipping for me, because I'm in New York), can't beat it! That said, I use GNC coupons and will have it shipped for free or with massive percentages off. They now have Chocolate, Vanilla Creme, Strawberry, Banana and Cookies and Creme. Love. Love. Love Strawberry and Vanillay. Banana is banana, I doubt like your shake tho. They're under 3 bucks each at www.netrition.com and they're like $3.49 before coupons at Vitamin shoppe and$ 3.29 at my local GNC. U hope this helps!! I need one now, now that I think about it. 
We Are A Fever. We Are A Fever. We ain't born typical. ~ The Kills
If you have any g-ddamn sense and want WLS, think about the DS.www.dsfacts.com
Susan O.
on 7/22/09 11:48 pm - Algood, TN
Hi Lori,
     I have always done a shake a day from the start.  After reading about you & your shakes(6+months ago) I started doing at least 3 a day.
I love my Champion.  I feel they are a BIG help in my weight loss journey.
Thank You Lori, you are a great inspiration.

Susan O'
13 + months out

Lori Black
on 7/22/09 11:58 pm - , IN
Susan,

I so remember the post you're talking about, here let me dig it up! 
My results of going back to having protein shakes.                                                                           
What was I thinking going off of my shakes after already knowing that I needed them?  Seriously, I need someone to kick me upside the head if I ever talk about stopping protein shakes again!Wanna help me be accountable?  Lol!
MarciRenee
on 7/23/09 12:18 am - IA
I won't be kicking you upside your pretty head, but we'll just repost this post for you, in the event you decide to slack off your protein shakes.  How's that sound?
Marci       
Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 2 replies · 1082 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 9 replies · 1255 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 5 replies · 512 views