Let's do a poll: Do you drink protein shakes?

metamorphosis007
on 7/23/09 2:32 am
 I tried a few when I was just recently post-op. I can't stand the texture of any of them and haven't had one since I was about a week out. I am going to order some of the pre-mixed IsoPure and see if I can stomach those. If not, I seem to be doing okay getting my protein in from food.
You gotta love livin', baby, 'cause dyin' is a pain in the ass.---Frank Sinatra
(deactivated member)
on 7/23/09 2:55 am
Mary_J
on 7/23/09 6:44 am
I love th IDS BC, too!

5' 5" -  317.5 / 132 / 134  SW / CW / GW

Jeniffer G.
on 7/23/09 3:01 am - Fort Bragg, CA
EVERY single day! Some days I have a hard time with real food... I have to get my protein in. I do use low sugar orange juice with a vanilla powder though so am a tiny bit out of compliance with that... Last night is the perfect example for me. I made some chicken cordon bleu. Everyone else said it was wonderful but I got maybe one bite in me and got really queezy. I had a protein shake instead.
In order to succeed, you must proceed.

Jeniffer G.

Kayla B.
on 7/23/09 3:02 am - Austin, TX
almost 2 years

Absolutely no shakes.  I do add protein powder to my baking occasionally (PB cookies or pancakes)

I eat well over 150-200g per day of protein, though.

Gawd, just the thought of drinking a protein shake makes me want to toss my cookies still.
5'9.5" | HW: 368 | SW: 353 | CW: 155 +/- 5 lbs | Angel to kkanne
http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b224/icyprincess77/beforefront-1-1.jpg?t=1247239033http://s20.photobucket.com/albums/b224/icyprincess77/th_CIMG39903mini.jpg  
Frozen_Peach
on 7/23/09 3:10 am
I am 14 months out and YES I drink protein shakes - I currently have 3 a day and am working my way up to 4-6 per day.....I actually am craving one right now!!!  I am going to get a tote to bring my bullet to work with me

MY DS  
 labrats.jpg picture by Frozen_Peach

Get the facts about Duodenal Switch at DS Facts
<~~link
DS Recipes can be shared HERE <~~link

k9ophile
on 7/23/09 3:17 am
I just bookmarked this thread.  So many good ideas on how to drink our protein.  I just can't get enough from food alone.  The shakes are protein AND fluids so that helps with the hydration issues as well.  On a Starbucks thread, someone mentioned that they sell SF syrups.  Not being a big coffee drinker, I had no idea and haven't been able to find much at local stores.  Even this little town has a Starbucks...  Maybe I can find a magic formula with the syrups and shakes.  I am inspired by this.  Thanks, everyone, for sharing your recipes.

"Our ultimate freedom is the right and power to decide how anybody or anything outside ourselves will affect us."  Stephen Covey

Don't litter!  Spay or neuter your pet

colene
on 7/23/09 3:28 am
At nearly 8 years post op I do from time to time still add in a shake or two.  Days that are just plain hectic and I know I am not going to get in enough protien.  I need a little more than the 100 grams that some need and I have been aware of that for a long time now.  I work in a Day Care setting so I do purchase World Wide Ultra shakes (ready made) that I keep in the fridge at work.  They are 35 grams protien each and 11 ounces of shake.  I like the chocolate and the cappacino flavors best.  From time to time I add a little extra powder to them to boost the protien up a little...Champion chocolate is the one I like best.  I dont drink them every day now but 2 or 3 times a week perhaps.
Lisa R.
on 7/23/09 3:41 am - Madison Township, PA
At the very beginning, I would try protein shakes.  I bought just about every different kind I could think of, but never ever liked any of them.  I stopped the day I was literally gagging over the kitchen sink.

For a long time now, well over a year - I have not had ANY.  My labs are fine, and I feel good.  In the early months, I tried protein bullets that were sweet tasting, and would cut them with Crystal Light. 

I swear by cheese - I eat several slices a day.  Everything's good, and I have never looked back and regretted omitting the shakes.

Once in a great while I will have a Carnation Instant Breakfast.  Only because they are here, and I don't want to waste them.

Every night before I go to bed, I have a tall tumbler with vanilla ice cream and milk drizzled over it - like a very thick shake.  That's protein too, right?  

Lisa
(loves the numbers 17, 0 and 25)

DS Surgery with Fernando Bonanni, Abington, PA 12/26/07

TT, Lift and Implants with Dr. Christian Kauffman, Danville, PA 5/12/17

My heart wrestles in a kilt

Vicki In A Clam Shell
on 7/23/09 3:48 am - near Louisville, KY

Every night before I go to bed, I have a tall tumbler with vanilla ice cream and milk drizzled over it - like a very thick shake.  That's protein too, right?  

I hate you
I love you
I wanna grow up to be you
I owed it to myself to research the duodenal switch before consenting to any other weight loss surgery and so do you.  Check out DSFacts.com and DuodenalSwitch.com for more information.  Remember think twice, cut once, revisions are risky and revision surgeons are rare.
 DS Lab Rats 

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 2 replies · 1082 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 9 replies · 1258 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 5 replies · 512 views