Gag me with a pitchfork. Please tell me the Protein Shakes Get Better

bookfaerie
on 10/2/10 12:59 pm
 Just got my 4ever Fit samples in the mail yesterday. Tried one yesterday. Tried one today. I think they taste a bit like sweet flavored vomit. 

Please tell me that, those aren't the best of the best. If they are, I'm gonna be eating a lot of eggs. 
 "Mediocrity knows nothing higher than itself, but talent instantly recognizes genius." Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"What your heart thinks is great, is great. The soul's emphasis is always right." Ralph Waldo Emerson    
(deactivated member)
on 10/2/10 1:05 pm
I've never heard of that brand.  I drink Designer Whey and LOVE them!  Of course, I mix mine with whole milk, instead of water.  I also like Chike shakes, but they're a bit pricey for me and my budget.  Others seem to like Champion shakes.  Keep trying samples.  What one person loves, another will hate.  It seems to be a very individual thing.
(deactivated member)
on 10/2/10 1:07 pm
I hate 4ever Fit.  Too many chemicals for me.  Keep trying because it is not always possible to get your protein in when you are early out without them.

Keep in mind that your tastes will change drastically after surgery and what tastes bad now may taste like nectar of the gods after and vice versa.

Michele
P. Poster
on 10/2/10 1:10 pm
 I agree, just keep trying.  But, don't think what you find you like now will work for you postop.  Your tastes will change BIG time postop, and what you love now, will literally make you vomit then.  That said- I've always like the Nectar shakes (specifically the Chocolate Truffle and the Vanilla Bean Torte) and the Champion Whey Stack in chocolate (tastes JUST like chocolate milk when made with half & half).  I like the thinner consistency shakes, nothing that gets thick and clumpy no matter how much liquid you mix in.  I make my shakes with half & half and either coffee or a little water.  You just have to keep trying until you find "your" shake, "your" way of making it, "your" temperature preference, et cetera.  
bookfaerie
on 10/2/10 1:13 pm
 The Nectar is in the mail. 13 samples. I'm glad you like them. Hoping that I will too!!
 "Mediocrity knows nothing higher than itself, but talent instantly recognizes genius." Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"What your heart thinks is great, is great. The soul's emphasis is always right." Ralph Waldo Emerson    
(deactivated member)
on 10/2/10 1:12 pm - San Jose, CA
I can't tell you that.  Because I've never had ANY protein shakes (except the HORRENDOUS stuff my PS wanted me to drink -- I tried -- couldn't do it).

I ate food.  I like it that way.  It can be done, and it isn't that hard.  Drinking that drek is hard.
bookfaerie
on 10/2/10 1:15 pm
 I may be following in your footsteps if it doesn't improve. They even SMELL bad! 

MajorMom
on 10/2/10 8:56 pm - VA
lol  Don't smell them!! Mix 'em with 1/2 & 1/2. The Nectars are good. I like the chocolate, vanilla and strawberry creamy versions. I also like IDS vanilla-cinnamon made with 1/2 & 1/2 and coffee poured over top. But, for goodness sakes, don't smell them.

--g

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

krissywats
on 10/2/10 1:17 pm - Kew Gardens, NY
I have extremely sensitive taste buds and Champion Wheystacks is all I'll drink.  I actually crave it.

7/19/09 - DS with Dr. Alfons Pomp
7/11/12 -  tummy tuck, UBL, larg lipo sculpting of torso, lipo of "buffalo hump" with Dr. Sauceda
lizzzie_07
on 10/2/10 1:19 pm - Canada
I am going to give protein drinks another try (since I bought 5 2lb bottles of them...), but I also bought Oh Yeah! protein wafer bars which have 14g protein in them and they have helped me get my protein in.  They`re quite good IMO.

Elizabeth
HW: 290   SW: 283   CW: 240   GW: 160?   (5'8)

Lapband in 2007
Revised to DS Aug 23 2010

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 2 replies · 1082 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 9 replies · 1259 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 5 replies · 513 views