Angel Report on Sherry (Sher's Journey)

Julie R.
on 8/25/11 12:59 am - Ludington, MI
 I just a received a text from Sherry's daughter that she is out of surgery, safe, and doing well.    According to her text, however, Dr. Kemmter was only able to do the VSG portion of the DS, and this is the explanation I received from Sher's daughter (who's only 21) and her mom's caregiver for this surgery:

"I can't really find an educated way to relay what the doctor told me, but what I gathered was that he couldn't access the part he needed to and they'll be able to perform the rest of the DS in a year or so."

It is highly unusual for Dr. Kemmeter to go in and leave his patients with only the VSG portion of the surgery, so I'm suspecting that something of some significance arose.   Sherry's had some pretty big health issues to overcome before being cleared for surgery, so that may have contributed to the overall situation.

I will keep you posted as I find out more information.   Let's welcome this wonderful woman to the Dark Side and hope for her continued and easy recovery!
Julie R - Ludington, Michigan
Duodenal Switch 08/09/06 - Dr. Paul Kemmeter, Grand Rapids, Michigan
HW: 282 - 5'4"
SW: 268
GW: 135
CW: 125

Frankie
on 8/25/11 1:09 am - NY
Sending well wishes to Sherry for a speedy recovery.  Thanks for posting Julie.

Frankie

BeSwitched
on 8/25/11 1:11 am, edited 1/24/12 4:47 am

larra
on 8/25/11 1:26 am - bay area, CA
Thanks, Julie!
     Sherry will be disappointed, but I'm sure there was a good reason for this decision.

Larra
lk1970
on 8/25/11 1:41 am
Oh man... well at least we know she's doing well... We know Dr Kemmeter would never do anything to risk a patients safety!

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning, the devil says "oh crap! she's up!

teachmid
on 8/25/11 2:15 am - OKC, OK
Thanks for the update. I know she'll be disappointed initially.
     -Gail-
SW  257    CW  169  GW  165

(deactivated member)
on 8/25/11 2:16 am
Glad she's doing well. Thanks for the update!
lwoznick
on 8/25/11 2:21 am - Green Bay, WI
Thanks for the update, Julie! Please let her know she's in my thoughts and prayers. I know she may be disappointed that she couldn't have the full procedure performed, but I'm sure Dr. Kemmeter had very good reason for not continuing and will explain that to her when she's able to hear it. Remind her that good things come to those who wait! She's already started her journey to the Dark Side and will see it through to fruition in time! Hope she has a relatively pain-free and speedy recovery!

Warmest wishes,

Lisa
Elizabeth N.
on 8/25/11 2:27 am - Burlington County, NJ
Glad she's doing well thus far! Give her my best and tell her we're on tenterhooks over here. I want some nice SIMPLE news about her this time. *worry*

Julie R.
on 8/25/11 4:09 am - Ludington, MI
 Yup - me too!    She's had a helluva year.    Her daughter came up from Florida to be with her, and the medical staff at Blodgett is letting both her, and her 14-year-old son spend the night in her room tonight, bless their hearts, so that Melissa doesn't have to chose between keeping an eye out for mom or for little brother.   I'm going to text her daughter here in a little bit to see how she's doing.
Julie R - Ludington, Michigan
Duodenal Switch 08/09/06 - Dr. Paul Kemmeter, Grand Rapids, Michigan
HW: 282 - 5'4"
SW: 268
GW: 135
CW: 125

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 325 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 7 replies · 783 views