Reminder: Don't skimp on your bras!

Valerie G.
on 12/20/12 7:43 am - Northwest Mountains, GA

I'd been feeling kinda frumpy lately and recalled that it's been nearly a year since I've purchased bras, so it was time for new ones.  I put on a new one this morning and va Va VOOM - I feel SO much better with my boobies where they ought to be.  I'm always so amazed at the difference  great support makes on the way I look and feel.  

Now, for those of you losing still, this is the one place you don't want to skimp.  Even though I'm a size 10, I still shop at Lane Bryant for the Balconette bra.  I've tried so many brands and full coverage styles, and as much as I loved wearing Victoria's Secret (because I can), my next bra purchase was back to Lane Bryant, because their design really holds the girls in place no matter what I'm doing, be it lunging, running, or cartwheels.  No other bra holds them as well as these things.  

So, when was the last time you updated your bras?

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

Trish06
on 12/20/12 7:48 am
DS on 12/06/12

To long ago I can't even remember. I was sort of waiting to lose a bit more before I invested in a new one. What makes them darn things so expensive!

Trish

DS 12/06/12 Dr Kemmeter

Plastics with Dr. Sauceda 8/14/2014

Lbl, bl/ba, al, tl, fl

HW/255  SW/239  CW/129

Valerie G.
on 12/20/12 8:41 am - Northwest Mountains, GA

It's the one place you really don't want to skimp on, and I have NO IDEA why they are so expensive.  I can tell you that LaneBryant.com has buy2 get 2 free right now.

Valerie
DS 2005

beemerbeeper
on 12/20/12 10:30 am - AL

Valerie,

How small do they carry at LB?  I think I am wearing a 34 C.  I need new ones too.

~Becky

Valerie G.
on 12/20/12 10:42 pm - Northwest Mountains, GA

Not sure if they carry that small, but check online.  They carry sizes that you cannot get in stores, and they will ship to the store for free for you to pick it up.

Valerie
DS 2005

southernlady5464
on 12/20/12 8:21 am

Replaced mine a bit over a year ago.

I actually prefer a very soft bra made by Bali (I can NOT abide underwires). While big pre-op, I wasn't as big as some...my biggest was a 42DD. Now I am in a 32C (which is very hard to find). That's why I like that bra, it has the side coverage I need and yet is in a size I am...and it's so soft to wear.

Liz

Duodenal Switch (Lap) 01-24-11 | Surgeon: Stephen Boyce | High weight: 250 in 2002 | Surgery weight: 203 | Lowest weight: 121 | Current weight: 135 | Goal weight: 135

bugirll
on 12/20/12 9:37 am - MD
DS on 03/19/12

Sing it sister!  My deflated bewbs are like hanging little tube socks half filled with sand.  But when I put on a good bra, the girls are in charge!

DS with Toon Sonneville 3/19/12
Jaiart
on 12/20/12 10:17 am - MI
Thankfully because of the surgery I don't need to wear a bro. It was iffy there for a minute but now I am manssiere free. Lol!

beanybaby
on 12/20/12 10:32 am

You turned me on to LBs balconette bras, but they only go down to 36 D (only 38 in the store, and 36 on line), and then below that they send you away :-(. You also must be right on the cusp as well.

PattyL
on 12/20/12 11:19 am

Everyone says those are great and I can't get them either.  Depending on the bra, I need a 32 or 34 C.  It's hard to find anything cute that covers up the deflated side boob in those sizes.

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 326 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 7 replies · 783 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 261 views