myblueseven
on 2/9/13 12:56 am - Sudbury, Canada

On a typical day I eat...

2 Protein Coffees with 4 oz table cream

1 protein shake with double scoops

cream soup with cheese

beef or chicken usually fried with gravy and steamed veggies

snack is usually cheese or peanut butter on a rice cake

I am really having trouble eating more.  I will try with the fattier meats and to get more in during the day.  I have a very stressful life right now and sometimes the protein coffees and shakes is all I get until dinner.  I know not good.  Portable food suggestions that I could take to work would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

SUE
TaliTali
on 2/9/13 1:16 am - Sammamish, WA

That sounds pretty similar to how i eat. I don't eat a lot (certainly not as much or as often as some). We're all so individual.

I'd probably swap the rice cake for nuts---it's carbs but it's better food overall than a rice cake. You could add some cream to your protein shakes, a couple ounces is usually good. 

Portable food is just food that you move with you! If you have a cooler, you can bring leftovers from dinner, cheese, nuts, beef jerky, yogurt, etc

HW ~ SW ~ CW
310 - 291 - 150

happydsr
on 2/9/13 11:21 am

leftovers in small tupperware are great for lunches - cut up steak, pork chops, sausages, etc

deli meat rolled with cream cheese

chunks of cheese, cottage cheese

egg salad, boiled eggs, devilled eggs

tuna salad

cooked chicken, chicken salad, chicken wings

shrimp, with a container of ****tail sauce for dipping

small cans of seasoned tuna with the peel off tops - my favourite is clover leaf spicy thai chili

http://www.cloverleaf.ca/en/products/view/CloverLeafFlakedLi ghtTunaSpicyThaiChili/

pepperettes, beef jerky

Fill yur fridge with several items in individual tupperware or snack size baggies.  Then in the morning, you simply grab a few to throw into your lunch bag with a freezer pack, along with your bottled water.  If you have a locker at work, you could keep a few of the tuna cans or beef jerky that does not need to be kept refrigerated

kat81
on 2/10/13 4:42 am

Some thoughts that crossed my mind:  What brand of protein powder?  What kind of cream soup?  Is the chicken breaded?  Does the gravy contain flour?

Do you think something like this may work with your schedule....

B: eggs and protein coffee

s:lunch meat rollups with cream cheese

L; can of wild caught salmon mixed with mayo packet, avocado slices

s: jerky and cheese stick

D: meat (preferably a fattier cut) cut into strips or chicken wings, ranch/blue cheese dressing, roasted veggies marinated in olive oil

s:a few pieces of bacon, protein coffee

myblueseven
on 2/10/13 5:41 am - Sudbury, Canada

I have tried several whey protein but I have settled on Sunn for its 1g carb and 38g protein per serving.  I make my own cream soup with Laughing Cow cheese, chicken stock and pureed broccoli.  It's easy to make and quite yummy. The chicken is not breaded, usually oven baked or bbq.  There is a little flour in the gravy but not much.

I really like you menu suggestions.  I do like eggs and use them alot on weekends with cheese and bacon.  I dont eat salmon but tuna is great.  I never thought of  avocado, what a nice treat.

Thanks for the suggestions, extremely helpful.

SUE
kat81
on 2/11/13 8:45 am

I think you are doing great Sue.  I think if you are still not seeing results, I would try to focus on adding avocado, eggs, bacon, mayo, and tuna packed in oil daily. 

I hope this recipe is something that helps you: http://www.genaw.com/lowcarb/coconut_fudge.html. 

myblueseven
on 2/10/13 1:27 am - Sudbury, Canada

Ok...here I go.  I am going shopping today and here's my list.

rib eye steaks, chicken breast w/skin, deli meat, cheese, cream cheese, pepperettes, beef jerky, tuna, Greek yogurt, cream, eggs, mayo, nuts.....

I am going to try and get all the fat and protein I can stand and more.

Thanks so much for all you advice...wish me luck, I'll keep you posted.

SUE
Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 2 replies · 376 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 8 replies · 826 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 271 views