3 years out today!

encab
on 2/24/13 4:49 am
The first two years are really a gift and a curse!

What i mean by that is that i could eat anything i wanted and not gain a single pound.

The only problem with that is that i went back to my old ways and i would eat anything i wanted.

I had read on here that i would have to be more careful after the first two years.

But when the pounds started go up i first thought that it was a normal fluctuation of my weight and kept on eating.

My all time low was 215 lbs at two years out. Three weeks ago the scale said 238.

There was no denying it any more. I was gaining weight once again. I couldn't believe that i was so weak that even with the amazing DS i was able to gain weight.

But then i decided to go back to basics and cut down on my carbs.. And its not like i'm dieting or anything. I have just exchanged my sandwiches for some carrots and nuts instead. I still eat lunch and dinner of pretty much anything i want. I just try not to eat waaay too much of it.

I never go hungry!

I'm not back to 215 lbs yet, but i have lost 13 lbs in three weeks. So far i'm down to 225 and i'm hoping to be back to 215 soon.

I hope this helps someone to start to eat better before their 2 year 'honeymoon' window is over.

I know i sure feel great!
Huneypie
on 2/24/13 5:06 am - London, United Kingdom
DS on 07/24/12

Well done for catching yourself before you got too far off track ;-)

Lowish BMI? See Lightweights Board! Lightweight Creed For more on DS see www.DSfacts.com
If you don't have peace, it isn't because someone took it from you; you gave it away. You cannot always control what happens to you, but you can control what happens in you John C Maxwell 
View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.comSleeve 2010 Dr López Corvala, Mexico. DS 2012 Dr Himpens, Belgium

I  my DS  

MajorMom
on 2/24/13 5:24 am - VA

Great advice!  Happy surgiversary.  : )

--gina

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

teachmid
on 2/24/13 5:42 am - OKC, OK
Good work! I'm at the same place.
     -Gail-
SW  257    CW  169  GW  165

PattyL
on 2/24/13 6:11 am

True, true, true!

encab
on 2/24/13 7:05 am
I'm also losing weight together with a friend, and i gotta say its a great idea.

You can help and support each other. But it also gives you some one to help you make dinner at night.

I highly recommend doing it with a friend.

I'm also very happy i caught it before it got completely out of control. I was already feeling uncomfortable with the added weight.

I'll be damned if i let my self get to 375 lbs again before i react!

phatgirl10
on 2/24/13 11:07 am

I'm 4 years out and am depressed after gaining 30 lbs in the last 8 months!!! My diet has been crap, and I know what I have to do, so time to get off the pity pot and get to work! I certainly don't want to be back where I was 4 years ago before I started this journey, which has literally saved my life!

Sumundo311
on 2/24/13 11:11 am - Saskatoon, Canada

It happens so fast, I have been down and up and it is totally frustrating. I have been watching and I am still struggling, keep on top of it and you have really encouraged me today, so thank you.

encab
on 2/24/13 1:43 pm
Yes, three weeks ago i also felt like there was no way i could or would lose any weight.

But my friend started a week before me and she told me that only the first 2-3 days truly suck After that it gets easier.

Armed with that knowledge i started. And i did have monster cravings the first days. But it truly does get easier.

I read that it takes 6 weeks to learn a new habit, i'm more than halfway there. I hope it sticks, it already feels totally normal to eat healthier.

Phatgirl, i had gained 23 lbs before i decided to act. Now after 3 weeks i have 10 lbs to go.

If i can do it so can you! Just imagine 6 weeks from now you can be back at your low weight.

Get your behind in gear and do it! 6 weeks from now you'll be happy you did!

phatgirl10
on 3/4/13 12:17 am

Thanks I needed that encouragement!!!!!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Old timer dropping by! (2006)
maryc543 · 4 replies · 405 views
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 2 replies · 1315 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 9 replies · 1450 views