6 wk in hospital, RNY to ds

hayley88
on 6/18/13 11:36 pm
Well I'm still in the hospital but things are a little better. All fluid pockets are gone. I had stint put in leak area last Tuesday. So far it's staying in place, it does hurt from time to time. 2 more weeks and they plan to remove stink then to liquids. I feel like I'm wasting a lot if time that I could be loosing weight. I know the early months are where most lost occurs. I try not to think about it. I can't wait for water, tpn is all I have. I Just hope this is all worth it in the long run, missings my kiddos and hubby!
nativenewyorker64
on 6/19/13 12:16 am - UT
I've been wondering how you are doing. Right now just focus on getting well you can work on the weightloss later. Praying for a quick and full recovery.

Renfairewench
on 6/20/13 8:52 am

I spent 11 months on TPN and enteral feeding through a J-tube and I lost over 100 pounds during that time.  I had a lot of post op complications from internal and external fistulas, blood clot, sepsis, incisional problems, gastric leak (that took 18 months to get fixed) and more. Hang in there. Even though I had a tough time I can now say I'd do it again. Just not tomorrow.

Maddie

HW (pre RNY) 430 HW (pre DS) 302 / SW 288 /
                          Lowest weight 157 / CW 161
GW 150
                "I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight"

hayley88
on 6/20/13 9:19 am

Today's X-ray showed a small leak around the left side of stint. I think  I cried for2 hours. I just want this healed do I can get home. Thanks for all the encouraging words, I just miss my hubby and kids. I hope this leak will repair alone along side the stint. One thing I've been able to wall the hallways unassisted and at a descent pace. 

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 2 replies · 1082 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 9 replies · 1259 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 5 replies · 512 views