Exercise

SHFT_2
on 7/4/13 4:15 am - Grand Rapids, MI

I see a lot of food and vitamin advice, but I'd really love to know what all of you are doing for daily exercise Post Op.

DS completed on 7/29/13

HW 379 SW 354  CW 190

Down 189 pounds

PattyL
on 7/4/13 3:51 pm

I run and walk in the Winter and swim in the Summer.  Plus I have a part time job that's physical as well.  And I'm remodeling a house.  All in all, I'm pretty active.

ladybug513
on 7/5/13 12:12 am - NY

I walk to and from everywhere possible!  Also, take the stairs whenever possible.

First goal 120.0: 12/7/13  Final goal 115.0 (114.6):  2/6/14  

5'3  SW: 199 (12/11/11)  Current: 114.8 pounds  18% body fat   BMI: 20.3           

Lyss Remaly
on 7/5/13 6:47 am - Wheeling, IL

I workout every single day.  Weight training, cardiovascular and different classes when they sound interesting.  I decided to compete in a figure competition so my training is very much weight training.

If you have ANY Questions at all or would like some workout ideas for post op please let me know.  I'm happy to help!

SHFT_2
on 7/5/13 7:03 am - Grand Rapids, MI

Thanks I will definitely take you up on that. When you were a fresh pre-op patient how long each day and how much did you do? How far out are you now and how long are you working out? How much cardio? I'd like to as successful as possible so I'd really like to get a work out plan in order that I know is not too much too fast but has proven to be successful for others.

DS completed on 7/29/13

HW 379 SW 354  CW 190

Down 189 pounds

ANGELOJOS27
on 7/5/13 10:00 am - Phoenix, AZ
DS on 02/05/13

I am 4 months post op. I was near 400 lbs. I started  zumba on my kinect but im still super heavy my current weight is 272. and myy body still doesn't move fast enough to keep up and I just look like a giggly blob!!! so im going to wait a little while before I start again. But I do walk but I dont do anything super high intensity... Just move you legs to keep the muscle tone because once its gone its hard to get back. 

Banded on 7/1/09,cool removed on 11/11... Switched on 2/5/13. Ticker includes 23lbs lost on preop diet...          

SHFT_2
on 7/5/13 11:11 am - Grand Rapids, MI

Thanks. I also have a ton to lose being at 369 right now. I'm sure I will also end up a giggly blob. I want to get the weight off and deal with skin removal and all that as needed after that. I'm no ready to begin my new life. 24 days!! It still seems so far away. I don't want to fail at this like I have every other weight loss attempt. I hope the weight loss will give me the confidence to hit the gym on a regular basis.

Congrats on your weight loss so far. I was 280ish when I graduated high school 10 yrs ago and I could kick myself for not working harder then instead of letting myself get this far. 230 is my first goal because I remember putting that as my weight for my drivers license when I was 16. I never paid much attention to weight as a number before that... unfortunately

DS completed on 7/29/13

HW 379 SW 354  CW 190

Down 189 pounds

BrienneofTarth
on 7/6/13 2:46 am - IL
DS on 03/26/13

I was given the go-ahead to begin swimming again only two weeks post-op (I had a lap DS), and swimming laps and water aerobics classes are my main activities.  I have started the cardio x-trainer, and yes, even a Zumba class or two.  While I am/was a blob in Zumba, I stopped going because the instructor I liked left, but I hope to start up again when my schedule permits.  

I don't like running or walking randomly, but I am making more of an effort to walk for little tasks (walk to the mailbox two blocks away instead of waiting until I'm in the car to drop off the mail) and parking far away from the mall entrance to sneak in a few extra steps.  I also am taking public transportation more when I can.  

I will be re-starting my weight training I began pre-surgery and plan to do 4 long sessions a week (2 upper body sessions and 2 leg sessions).  When I get used to a weight training schedule, I want to incorporate yoga.  

Make sure you start slow after surgery.  You are still healing!  Best of luck!

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 2 replies · 387 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 8 replies · 842 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 274 views