carbs

scaryreader
on 7/25/14 11:55 am - Chicago, IL

Will someone please tell me how to do a no or very low carb diet for about three days? If I do will it make a difference?What should I eat andwhat should I totally avoid?

Eve
hw:400+
sw:340
cw:163

D. Switcher
on 7/25/14 12:08 pm

Check different spots on this  site

http://www.dsfacts.com/post-op-eating.php

Sleeve to DS Conversion - Regain 290# Current weight: 252# - VSG lowest weight: 235#  

"Serenity to Accept, Courage to Change, and Wisdom to Know..."

***all comments are my personal experience and/ or opinion***

PattyL
on 7/25/14 4:17 pm

Eat plain meat and eggs.  It's OK to cook the eggs in butter.  If that's all you eat, you will be zero carb.  Usually it makes a difference but the first few days loss is mostly water weight.

PeteA
on 7/27/14 3:32 am - Parma, OH
DS on 04/15/13

totally avoid all bread, crackers, chips. It's basically an Atkins diet - you can look at stuff for
Atkins. I'm not sure 3 days will do it for you, you may need to go longer if you have a quick 
goal in mind. Easier after a couple of days de-toxing from high carbs.

Lyss Remaly
on 7/28/14 4:03 am - Wheeling, IL

If you are having a problem with eating low carb then I would suggest reverse dieting... this is the idea that you SLOWLY remove carbs from your diet instead of just going cold turkey.  If you are having trouble being disciplined enough to not have them in your diet then slowly removing them will avoid shocking your system and focus more on making it a lifestyle / habit instead of just doing it for three days.  Each week try to remove ONE type of carb that you have let slip into your diet or if you are keep track of macros remove 10-15 grams of carbs per week to get yourself used to not having those carbs.

Try to make this a true lifestyle instead of just a shock tactic / quick fix. 

If you have ANY questions at all please feel more than free to message me and I'm happy to help! 

CarolZ
on 8/18/14 2:20 am - Atlanta, GA

I am doing low-carb in an effort to lose the 20 pounds I have gained :-(

I found a great recipe for cheese "crackers" that have a very satisfying crunch and it's helping me a lot:  I mix shredded cheese with a little onion powder and some cayenne.  Cover a microwavable plate with parchment paper.  Make small "piles" of the cheese mixture (2 Tblsp) and cook in the microwave for a minute and a half to 2 minutes until they turn a little brown.  Let 'em cool and la voila!  Better than Cheese Its.

Height 5'4.5"
HW 283  SW 263 LW 119 CW 147 GW 135  
NOT EVEN OVERWEIGHT - Just "normal" for the first time since 1989:)

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 319 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 7 replies · 781 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 259 views