For those who have lost TOO MUCH weight...

White Dove
on 1/4/19 5:35 am - Warren, OH

Losing ten, twenty or thirty pounds under your goal weight is a smart thing. Many people are too skinny during year two, but it is almost impossible to find anyone who is still too skinny after year three. I enjoyed my year of being too thin. It does not last. Build a nice cushion for when regain starts. Don't worry about being too thin until after the end of the third year.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

(deactivated member)
on 1/20/19 9:56 pm
MLC45
on 1/4/19 4:49 pm

I know a woman that lost too much weight. I'm not sure what type of surgery she had, (I think RNY) but she also had a plastic ring placed around the opening. Several years later something happened to the ring and she had a hard time getting anything down. She lost all the fat in her face and especially in the collar bone area. Finally her doctor said something about her weight and removed the ring. She's still thin but looks healthy.

As for plastics I didn't have any change in weight with the tummy tuck and I actually gained about 15 lbs from swelling with my breast lift and augmentation. It took several months to lose the surgical gain.

Deb366
on 1/21/19 10:01 am
Hi Jennifer!

I had an RNY and was worried about the same thing...I went lower than I wanted or expected to....got down to about 116 pounds. You do stop at somepoint...and rebound to a more natural weight for you based on your eating and exercise. But it was scary! I ate nuts to help me slow it down and give me energy and also so I could keep exercising. Don't start bad habits or think this will last forever....it doesn't! Don't invest too mu*****lothes at this point and stabilize before looking into PS. Hang in there! Take care of your body and don't listen to all the people who are "worried" about you....but do take care of your self and eat healthy and move it move it!

Currently 125  pounds
kairosgrammy
on 1/25/19 12:35 pm
RNY on 10/17/17

When you want your weight loss to stop, you will need to increase your calories probably by increasing carbs (healthy carbs, not crap). I lost 3 lbs this week and not sure why so it can be a bit tricky. I'm happy at my current weight. The biggest problem is shifting your mindset from weight loss (something that has been a focus for 30 years) to maintaining my weight. I see the scale stay the same and I think, oh no and then realize it's a good thing. Mine started slowing around 10 lbs from my goal weight but I'm still getting wooshes but I've also noticed I fluctuate more.

Surgeon: Dr. David Carroll Surgery Date: 3/17/2017 Hospital: Merritt Health River Oaks Hospital

Height: 5'2" HW: 331 lbs SW: 279 lbs GW: 130 (originally, I changed to 140) CW: 130 to 135 ish

Biggest Goal: To Be Healthy in everything I do!!! To make healthy choices always!!! To just embrace HEALTH each and every day for the rest of my Life!!!

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 352 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 8 replies · 806 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 270 views