Recent Posts

Member Services
on 8/31/12 1:09 pm - Irvine, CA
Topic: MEDICAID AND MEDICARE SURGEONS LIST!
Hello Members,

On a daily basis we get calls from members in desperate need of surgeons that will accept Medicaid and or Medicare for Bariatric surgery.  It breaks our hearts when we have to say "we don't know of any surgeons in your state we can refer you to". 

Can you please help us? If you know of any surgeons in your state that accepts Medicaid and or Medicare, will you list their:

Name

If they accept Medicare and or Medicaid

Phone number

Facility

Address

This list will remain here for our members to access and use.

Thank you so much!!!

ObesityHelp,

Member Services

FinallyFit1
on 2/13/12 6:32 am
Topic: RE: support group
Hello Everyone
I am going to be in Waikiki in March 2012 and wondering if anyone knows of a support group going on in the area.  I would love to take one in.
I had RNY May 2010.
Looking forward to hearing from some of you.
Judy

mitzi_from_maui
on 1/7/12 2:23 pm
Topic: Aloha Kaiser WLS peeps
Aloha Kaiser members, if you are a graduate and would like to start attending webstyles for support again they are offering all kinds of fun prizes and incentives for continuting to attend meetings. You will receive a punch card at the next support group meeting. Hope to see you there. Aloha
FinallyFit1
on 1/6/12 10:32 pm
Topic: Support Group in Waikkii
Hello
I will be visiting Waikkii in March and wondering if there are any support meetings going on that I can attend.  Also since I won't be able to bring all the Protein stuff that I need for 3 weeks I was wondering if anyone can tell me where to purchase items while I am there.
Thanks for your ideas. 
Looking forward to meeting other WLS friends.

Daniestar37
on 1/6/12 4:06 pm - Pearl City, HI
Topic: RE: Where in Hawaii do you all live?
 Hey Carmen I am in Pearl City not too far from you.
Danie
Daniestar37
on 1/6/12 4:01 pm - Pearl City, HI
Topic: RE: support group
 Hey! I move to Oahu June 1, 2011 and have been looking for a support group of other WLS individuals as well let me know if you guys start something or are gonna try that one behind the swap meet not sure where the office is ya'll are talking about. 
Thanks, 
Danie
seanbear66rn
on 1/5/12 6:47 pm - Dracut, MA
VSG on 04/06/12
Topic: LGBT forum invitation
Hello,
I just wanted to let people know and anyt there is a forum for the community and anyone who is friendly and want to stop by. I was very active 3 years ago and would like to see it become active again.   It is listed under  "weight loss related"

I am not attempting to offend anyone. I understand that some might not agree with me posting. I am doing it to help LGBT people. Everyone has the right to not agree. I respect that.

Thank You !

Sean

If you have trouble finding it just PM me
Sean  

YOU CANNOT GIVE SOMEONE HELP........YOU CAN OFFER HELP,  IT IS UP TO THE OTHER PERSON TO ACCEPT  OR REJECT IT !!!

(deactivated member)
on 12/13/11 11:49 am - Califreakinfornia , CA
Topic: RE: OT- What is the weather like in Kapaa during the month...
Thank you so much for your time. I hope you don't mind a few more questions.....

1. My daughter read a book that said that one side of the island should still be okay for swimming. Is she right or wrong ?

2. Can you recommend a great Mexican restaurant ?

3. What is the one thing you would recommend us seeing ?

Thanks
Lisa

kamehanaokala
on 12/13/11 10:56 am - HI

It's not humid right now. Just a light windbreaker is needed for the evenings. I get cold just when the wind blows...since i lost the weight....LOL

During winter, this is normal.....totally normal!!

(deactivated member)
on 12/13/11 10:48 am - Califreakinfornia , CA
When it rains is it cold or humid ? Is this rain pretty normal for this time of year ?

Thanks
Lisa
Most Active