Questions regarding surgery

Grace H.
on 9/17/08 3:39 pm - Baker City, OR
I am trying to decide wether to have surgery in Idaho or oregon. I live closer to Boise than Portland. can anyone who had surgery in idaho tell me your experiences and what you would reccomend I am undecided between a RNY or DS. and do you have to attend classes before a doctor will see you. Insurance is not problem they  will approve surgery because I do not even have to get preauthrozed
ronrebcoker
on 9/18/08 6:20 am - ID
I live in Meridian Very close to Boise. Dr Oakley is wonderful. I am having surgery on Oct. 28th and there team is great with everything. Make an appt to talk to him. He will give you the info to decide. Classes come after your appt with the doctor. But not many. It is easy Check out St. Lukes on line for boise. Seminar would help you.
Check out that site for Bariatrics.
Take care and write back
Becky

http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w2ZQGow/">
http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/w2ZQGow/weight.png">>

Kristy R.
on 10/17/08 2:15 pm - Payette, ID
Hello my name is Kristy I had my surgery with Dr. Oakley one year ago on oct 23 of this month yea and I feel great I went into dr oakleu with a bmi of 63 he recommended me not to choose  the DS but the RNy BUTTTTTT everyone is differn't my brother had the DS thru Dr Oakleu 6 years ago and is doing fantastic as well.  I live very next to Ontario Or border in Payette not far from you at all if you have any questions please feel free to message me..... Dr. Oakley and his staff our great....Kristy

ronrebcoker
on 10/22/08 2:10 am - ID
Hi Kristy,
I agree. I see Oakley today for my preop visit. I think everyone in the office are more than willing to help with information and if they dont know they will find out for you. Great people at Oakley's office.
I have 13 days and I am so excited about my new life. Reading alot of information will help. Thank you for your help
Becky
ronrebcoker
on 10/24/08 12:33 pm - ID
I am getting lots of neg. from everyone. and really discouraged. after 5 years do you know anyone who has retained there lose? I almost wish I never told anyone. any wisdom
B
rubetta
on 11/1/08 8:51 am - Salem, OR
I know someone that had the surgery about 8 years ago.  She was close to 400 lbs.  She lost down to a size 6.  She gained it back due to her own actions.  DRINKING ALCOHOL.  Empty sugars.  She still did not get back to her original size.  She hovers around a size 20 now.  I really believe she could lose it again if she put her mind to it. 

I am having my surgery on the 4th with Dr. Oakley and my mind is made up.  I will succeed.  You can too.
ronrebcoker
on 11/1/08 10:07 am - ID
Hi Ruberta I will be there on the 4th also. I am so excited. Are you going to be in Boise or Meridian. I will be at the Boise Hospital. I will look you up.
I think most people who dont take care of themselve regain. I want to be healthy so I will do whatever it takes to make this happen and keep it off.
I will be at St. Lukes at 8:30 so maybe I will see yoiu there. take care and thanks for emailing me.
rubetta
on 11/1/08 4:36 pm - Salem, OR
I will be there at 6am.  See you walking the floor.
ronrebcoker
on 11/2/08 2:36 am - ID
look for me. We will moan together lol. Take care and I'll be praying for you
Becky
Most Active