I have a date!!!

zkrmom
on 11/3/08 8:52 am - Twin Falls, ID
 My DS has been officially scheduled for January 5 at 10:00 am. On December 17 I go in for all of my pre-op stuff. I must say that I am in a state somewhere between euphoria and sheer terror! I have moments where I am bouncing out of my seat with excitement at what the future has to offer me after this surgery...being able to do simple things like cross my legs, climb stairs without getting winded, tie my shoes without propping up my leg on something, being able to comfortably sit in the stupid desks that are in almost all of the classrooms on campus (you know, the things ppl without weight issues take for granted....to the more important things like taking my son hunting next fall, climbing the mountains with my boys up camping this summer, playing basketball with my boys, playing softball and being able to run the bases, living my life to the fullest without obesity standing in my way....knowing that I am healthier and have a better chance of living a long full life and with that knowing that I will be there for my boys as they grow up and set out on adventures of their own. Then I have those moments where I am terrified....terrified of the surgery, coming out of anesthesia, the very slim chance of something going horribly wrong, terrified of what will happen to my boys if something should happen and I don't make it out of the surgery (there is a 1% chance of death as with any surgery). I have to think about these things, I'm a mom and those are my boys... I know that this is something that I have to do...something that I want to do. I want to be there for my boys, to watch them grow and to be an active participant in their lives. I truly believe that the benefits far outway the risks. I have done my research (more than you can possibly imagine) and yes there are possible complications but living life as a morbidly obese person has it's possible complications to...and I risk dying young without the surgery so why not do what I can to try and change things for the better. Diets don't work...I've tried them and research has proven that those with a genetic predisposition to obesity cannot maintain weight loss through diet and exercise alone. Do I have a genetic predisposition to obesity? Well, take a look at my family on all sides and it will become painfully clear that I do. There is light at the end of the tunnel. I can finally begin to imagine my healthier future. I can't wait! I am truly on the journey to a healthier me!
zoomomma
on 11/14/08 5:50 pm - Hazelton, ID
Well, hi there. I didn't know you were doing this. This is WM's mom. I'm going with Dr. Korn. I feel tons better having somebody I know go through this too. I am having mine done on Dec 30 or 31. Maybe we can buddies and keep in touch through this. I feel so much better. Talk to you later at PC maybe.
Most Active