I was told it takes 4-6 weeks for answer

browneyes65
on 10/9/13 5:37 pm - IN

My Dr sent the paper needed on Sept 20 th, told it takes time 4-6 weeks. Dr Inman my Dr, I have Medicare and Medicaid. Did anyone else have to wait ?Do you know  Dr Inmans extention number ?

JazzyOne9254
on 11/10/13 1:20 pm, edited 11/10/13 1:36 pm

My surgery was done via Medicare and Medicaid, since it was part of my disability, and weight loss could (and did) ease the symptoms of my primary disability ( lupus and fibromyalgia).  I can now see the finish line in my quest to get off disability and again become productive.  I am gearing up for excess skin removal. After having been over 350/400 pounds for so long, I have a lot of stretched out, sagging skin left from my weight loss.  Once it is gone, I will be at my "chart weight" (what the weight charts say I should weigh for my height and bone structure).

Dr. Inman is the only doctor in the state who does the Duodenal Switch, and one of only 75 worldwide who does the procedure.  She does other weight loss surgeries as well, but please, go look at www.dsfacts.com for more info on the duodenal switch.  There are many advantages over the others if you have a chronic illness, like I do, and certain medications, like non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDS) are needed to treat it. If I had a gastric bypass or LapBand, I would not be able to take those kinds of medications in any form. I could if I had only the gastric sleeve, but most insurance plans only cover the gastric bypass or DS.  At least, I know those are the only two that Medicare and Medicaid cover. The DS, as it's called,  also has the best numbers for EWL (Excess Weight Lost) and is the closest to a permanent solution for obesity that there is right now.  There is very little regain, if any.  I'm going on 5 years post op, and still losing at will. (and sometimes *not* at will - it seems that I just sleep it off, sometimes!)   That said, it is very vitamin and protein supplement intensive, because it is highly malabsorptive, so nutrition has to be paid very close attention, and a high protein/low-to-moderate carb diet is essential, as are the vitamins and minerals - they are *not* optional!  Actually, they are not optional with any weight loss surgery, but they are extremely important with the DS. You *will* have to learn a lot about nutrition and which vitamins support which body functions.

After this surgery, the only foods that you will absorb 100% of are foods containing high levels of simple white sugar(Like candy), and white flour(white bread and white pasta products).  These will also give you some very  unpleasant  intestinal effects should you indulge in them too heavily, which is a deterrent in and of itself.

After nearly five years, I can truly say that this surgery is giving me my life back.  I wish I could have had it done earlier, and I would do it again in a heartbeat if I had to!

***If you have already had your surgery, I'm sure you picked the one that was best for you. Good Luck****

HW 405/SW 397/CW 138/GW 160  Do the research!  Check the stats!
The DS is *THE* solution to Severe Morbid Obesity!

JazzyOne9254
on 11/10/13 1:31 pm

Here is Dr.  Margaret Inman's office address and phone number-

Meridian Surgical Group

13430 N. Meridian Street  (second floor, above St. Vincent's Bariatric Center ,same building)

Suite 275

Carmel, IN 46032

Toll Free: (800) 835-0971

Office: (317) 582-8810

Fax: (317) 582-8863

HW 405/SW 397/CW 138/GW 160  Do the research!  Check the stats!
The DS is *THE* solution to Severe Morbid Obesity!

Most Active
Recent Topics