7 MONTHS POST-OP

We4Brownies
on 5/4/07 5:21 am
WELL, IT HAS BEEN 7 MONTHS!  I CAN'T BELIEVE HOW TIME FLIES WHEN YOU ARE HAVING FUN! I HAVE LOST 75 POUNDS IN 7 MONTHS. THAT IS RIGHT ON TARGET I THINK. I HAVE HAD NO PROBLEMS WITH MY BAND, BUT I DO RESPECT ITS WISHES.  I DID HAVE SOME ESOPHOGEAL SPASMS RIGHT AFTER BANDING, BUT MY BODY GOT USED TO THE BAND, AND IT STOPPED AFTER ABOUT A WEEK.  THAT HAS BEEN THE ONLY PROBLEM. HERE  IS HOW IT WORKED FOR ME..... FIRST MONTH....SWOLLEN AND A LITTLE SORE, COULD NOT EAT MUCH, SO I WOULD SAY....70% BAND, AND 30% ME DOING THE WORK SECOND MONTH...40% BAND AND 60% ME...NO RESTRICTION YET THIRD MONTH...50% BAND AND 50% ME...SOME RESTRICTION, BUT NOT A LOT...2 FILLS FOURTH MONTH....60% BAND 40% ME...DECENT RESTRICTION...THREE FILLS FIFTH MONTH....70% BAND 30% ME ....GREAT RESTRICTION..NOT HUNGRY MUCH ANYMORE SIXTH MONTH....75% BAND 25% ME...AWESOME RESTRICTION I USE THE PERCENTAGE ONLY TO ILLUSTRATE HOW MUCH THE BAND IS HELPING ME KEEP CONTROL.  THE OTHER PERCENTAGE (ME) IS ME MAKING GOOD FOOD CHOICES AND DRINKING MY WATER, AND NOT PUSHING MY BAND TOO FAR WHEN IT SAYS STOP. SO, AS YOU SEE, YOU WILL BE MORE ON YOUR OWN IN THE BEGINNING, UNTIL YOU GET GOOD RESTRICTION. HOW MY FILLS WORK: (ONCE YOU HAVE RESTRICTION) I ALWAYS DROP ABOUT 6-10 POUNDS IN THE FIRST TWO/THREE WEEKS, THEN IT STARTS DRIBBLING OFF FOR THE NEXT TWO OR THREE WEEKS.   THEN I KNOW IT IS TIME FOR ANOTHER FILL.  THEN THE PROCESS STARTS OVER AGAIN.  THIS IS JUST HOW MY BODY REACTS TO THEM. WOULD I DO IT AGAIN?  HELL YES!  IT IS AWESOME!  I STILL EAT WHAT THE FAMILY EATS AT DINNER, JUST NOT MUCH.  THERE IS NOTHING THAT IS "OFF LIMITS" UNLESS MY BAND SAYS THAT I CANNOT SWALLOW IT. I HAVE HAD 2 PB'S I SLIME IN THE MORNINGS SOMETIMES, VERY TIGHT, THEN GETS LOOSER AS THE DAY GOES. I HAVE 2.75 CC'S IN MY 4CC  9.75CM BAND I HAVE GONE FROM A SIZE 26/28 PANTS TO AN 18...SOMETIMES 16 I HAVE LOST A SHOE SIZE I HAVE TO HAVE ALL MY RINGS RESIZED THE CHANGES ARE AWESOME.  I COULDN'T BE HAPPIER.  I COULD HAVE NEVER DONE IT WITHOUT THE BAND.  I DO MY PART, BUT THE BAND MAKES IT EASIER FOR ME TO DO MY PART. ANYWAY.....YEA BAND!    YEA ME! IN BANDED SISTERHOOD SUGGAH
 Back 

>>Logout 

picture
WOW, THIS THING REALLY WORKS!
Holly O.
on 5/4/07 5:26 am - Bradenton, FL
So awesome....................I was banded a month after you and I totally agree...the band rules.  I have 2.7 cc in my 4 cc band............the restriction is perfect finally.  The band does help control the hunger and you know what I have only had 2 pb episodes too.  If you follow the band rules you won't have any problem with that type of thing.  I know both times have just been lately since this last fill.  I just have to remember to slow down and chew, chew, chew!!  LOL  You would think we would learn but the band reminds us occassionally that it rules!!  Keep up the good work.....you should be so proud of what you have accomplished!  -Holly

christmasnow
on 5/4/07 5:28 am - WY
Oh Suggah what a victory!  I hope I do as well as you do. Blessings always,

Be Kind to each other, tender hearted, forgiving one another, just as God through Christ has forgiven you
Ephesians 4:32      ChristmasSnow

Janine P.
on 5/4/07 5:41 am - Long Island, NY
You're an inspiration!

Janine   Me on Youtube 

ChinahSea
on 5/4/07 5:55 am - Lakewood, WA
I love this post - THANK YOU!!

calgal
on 5/4/07 6:07 am - socal, CA
congratulations!!!
kristy2007
on 5/4/07 6:07 am - Belgium

CONGRATULATIONS - what an inspiration! I loved your info on how much the band has helped you over time - so helpful to us newbies!!! Thanks a lot for sharing. best Kristy

Chelle B.
on 5/4/07 6:07 am
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Be careful, or you may find yourself in my novel...

Photobucket
Lynnettej
on 5/4/07 6:10 am - Virden, Canada
Suggah You rock.  That is awesome, I hope that I can do as well as you.   Keep up the great work.  I too love my band and I have only had it for just over 3 weeks.

It does not matter how slowly you go so long as you do not stop.
Confucius 

Turkey Day Challenge

yvonnemarie
on 5/4/07 6:20 am - peabody, MA
Suggah, Congratulations!  I noticed the other day that you were halfway home and meant to post.  I am so happy for you. Yvonne

slow and steady like a herd of turtles

Most Active