Its been a while

renee K.
on 3/24/10 1:14 am - Augusta, GA

I alwyays wondered why people went so long between posts..............i have come to the comclusion that they are out living their lives and enjoying their new lives or they are too ashamed because they have gained some weight back or that they are not losing like they want to.. 

Did you know that if we all look deep into our hearts, NONE of us are losing like we want to. We might be losing, but not at the rate we expected to, or our bodies are not shaping the way we expected.

My scale numbers are not great, but my quality of life improves EVERY DAY!  I had 6 months of really rough going because I was overfilled----------STUIPD ME I should have listened!!!  I ate everything in sight that was bad for me, because I was too tight for proper nutrition to go down.  SLIDER FOODS ARE EVIL!!!!!!!!!!  After a fill/unfill/slight refill under the xray machine and 400$ later I have found my sweet spot!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I have to force myself to eat, which is INSANE!!!

I did lose 5 pounds this month which brings me to a grand total of 77 pounds.  The beginning of my journey was almost 2 years ago and i am soooooooooooooo far away from where I started.  Sooooooo much closer to where I want to be.  I bought a formal evening gown for my cruise (in 12 days) and it is fitted---NOT STRETCHY!! and a size 18!  If the "girls" were smaller  i could have done a 16, but i have not lost anything in that area, so, i will deal with it.

in closing-anyone reading this, DO NOT GET DISCOURAGED PLEASE!!  If you fall, get back up, if you gain-thats a fact of life, buckle down and get it back off, JUST DONT QUIT!!!!!!!!!!!  wHATEVER YOU DO DO NOT QUIT!! 

If you are over filled GO IMMEDIATLY AND GET SOME TAKEN OUT! I would probably be at my goal by now if I had done that, but then again i would not have been able to share my experience from this happening and I hope it will help someone else.

karen C.
on 3/24/10 1:21 am
Good for you! That's the beauty of the band- it's never to late to adust.
karen c
liquid diet 5/8/09
lap band 5/22/09
first fill 6/17/09 2cc
removed 10/6/11 due to erosion

jenstime
on 3/24/10 2:37 am - OR
Thank you, thank you, thank you...I needed this today...very good positive outlook!!!
JEN M.            
Lisa O.
on 3/24/10 3:31 am - Snoqualmie, WA
Great post Renee!  Welcome back!

Lisa O.

Lap Band surgery Nov. 2008, SW 335. Lost 116 lbs.  LB removal May 2013 gained 53 lbs. Revisied to RNY October 14, 2013, new SW 275.

Wendy's Dream
Came true

on 3/24/10 5:06 am - Mesa, AZ
VSG on 08/09/22
Welcome back!!!!   I know coming here helps me stay on track.
 Wendy  

1st fill 4cc,  2nd fill 1.5cc  3rd fill 1.5cc 4th fill .5   Total 7.5 cc  in my 11cc Realize Band.

Reached 1st goal weight 158 on 6/8/10, My Starting weight 235  
                                               Hit final goal of 145  10/25/10 

Current weight 143  
                                If you work the band the band will work for you.

Most Active