3rd fill and feeling no difference

jules777
on 8/8/11 6:50 am - CA
I had my 3rd fill on Saturday and I am looking forward to being more successful than I have in the last 4 months. My doctor added another 1.8 CCs and so far I dont feel a difference yet. It takes a few days for some people to notice a difference from what I have read on here. For those of you that have been successful in loosing weight with the band, what eating plan works best for you? I was thinking about going on Weigh****chers. What do you think?

healthyonmyway
on 8/8/11 7:13 am - FL

Even though I am new to this I feel after being banded on 5/25 and being down 38 lbs. that I have been successful. I use myfitnesspal.com and I stay within the guidelines my nutritionist set for me.
Protein: 60-80
Calories: 800-1000
Carbs:

4/10/11 Start weight 250; 5/25/11 Surgery weight 237.50        
kathkeb
on 8/8/11 8:17 am
Jules --

I just assumed that each fill would make me tighter --- so, I ate that way.
I cut back my portions and I ate my little portion and stopped ---- and I waited.

If I was truly, physically hungry in 20 minutes, I could think about having more.

I was never really 'full' or even 'satisfied' when I stopped eating -- I just stopped.
When 20 minutes had passed, I did not go back for more food --- I had been distracted and just moved on past the food.

I probably could have eaten more --- but honestly, I worked really hard to see 'how little' I could eat, instead of 'how much' I could eat.

I did go back to WW at about 6 weeks post op --- for the support and accountability.  I was not able to eat all of the points they allowed -- and did not even try to.

I lost about 10 pounds a month for the first 6 months, then about 6 pounds a month for about 6 months --- then the last 6 months I lost the last 25 pounds or so.
Kath

Jshivery
on 8/9/11 11:59 am
Revision on 03/10/16
Kath,

Can you tell me if you couldn't eat all the WW points, how did you make your adjustments?  I really like the WW diet, but I find the Atkins works best for me.  I am finding it hard to "eye" ball my portions if I don't have a measuring device or figure out my calorie intake of something.  Do you have any suggestions?

thank you so much!  I enjoy reading your posts...

I'm sorry for hijacking this post...

kathkeb
on 8/9/11 2:48 pm
Well -- I ate my small portions of protein/veggies a little starch --- and as I shrunk, my WW points

allowance shrunk  (they allocate your points based on your weight).

I 'measured' by eating one carton of greek yogurt for breakfast (if I was on business and eating at a hotel, I would eat a small  yogurt and pick up a banana for later -- or 1 scoop of scrambled eggs and a piece of bacon).

For lunch, I buy the 3oz cans of tuna and fix 1 of those, or 1 egg for egg salad.
When I eat out, I get a scoop of tuna salad and some veggies, or I order a sandwich and eat the meat/cheese off of 1/2 of it (and a few chips --- LOL!!!!)

If I don't have my measuring equipment, I order a meal and I segregate it into fourths.
I move 1/4 of it to my bread plate --- or a to-go box -- and I eat that amount.  I figure that we are over-served by at least 1/2 for a normal person -- and I should eat 1/2 of that 1/2.

I eat that amount -- and wait a few minutes to see if I want more.

If I can't take my food to-go (no fridge or whatever), then I heavily sprinkle pepper or salt on the portion that I don't want to eat -- so I don't sit and pick at it.

I always keep a Luna Bar (my favorite is Chocolate Raspberrry) in my bag -- and usually a little baggie with some Low-Fat Wheat Thins in it --- those are my 'go-to/no-fridge-needed' foods.
If I am hungry -- or just munchy -- at night, I will eat a few crackers or 1/2 a Luna bar.

If I have access to a fridge, I will try to stop at the grocery store and buy bottled water and some string cheese to have with my crackers in the evening, or as a substitute for a hotel breakfast.

Now -- at maintenance, my 29 - 35 WW points equate to approximately 1,200 calories a day.
I eat a little more than that -- because I walk about 2 hours a day ----

Hope that helps.
Kath

Most Active