Question for the Vets...

thindownunder01
on 10/4/11 6:18 am - Kingwood, TX
Ok, so I have been doing fantastic. Weight is dropping off.. I am working out like crazy and feeling great about the way I look.... I have lost 60 lbs since surgery in April. I feel sexy as hell and feel like I am on top of the world!

So tell me this....

Why the heck am I such an emotional sensitive baby all the sudden????? Things that I wouldnt have even blinked at in the past have me crying, I am super sensitive to everything and just all around been an EMOTIONAL wreck. Dont get me wrong.. I am happy.. but also cry and become a wreck over stupid stuff.

I feel great about my progress, what I did for myself, and my life is fab! 

Happen to anyone else?

BANDED 4/4/11 STARTING WEIGHT 243
Hislady
on 10/4/11 6:28 am - Vancouver, WA
Well the good news is you aren't crazy! We store hormones in  our body fat so when we lose alot of weight quickly or even not so quickly those hormones are released into our system. So probably that is what is happening, those little hormones are just running amuck! Of course if it continues or causes serious problems do see your doc, but it is very normal for weight loss patients.
Nichole N.
on 10/4/11 6:29 am - Las Vegas, NV
Are you pregnant? Lol.
Lifebeauty
on 10/4/11 6:33 am
I did not go through that but my hormones lay dormant most of the time, I'm old.  However my daughter who is 32 has starting having all kinds of emotional sensitivity.  She has not had wls but recently married.  Could it just be hormonal since you have made a major change in your body, eating habits and mental outlook.  Hope it is something minor.  Congrats on your progress.
Z

With  I will succeed.
HW: 280 - LW: 190 - GW - 180  
Unfilled 8/15/11 - WT:  209
1st Fill 11/29/11 - WT: 215.5 - 3cc
2/20/12 - New Goal - Get n Onederland
2nd Fill 4/26/12 - WT: 224.0 - 3cc
Z

thindownunder01
on 10/4/11 6:56 am - Kingwood, TX
lol, No babies for me... anymore at least!

The hormones floating around my system makes sense. Its nothing serious just notived it.. and so have my friends and husband.. it seams like I have my "being a baby" moments a lot lately. We all just laugh and say I was having a baby day.. but everyone has come to agree that its since my surgery.. and I guess I agree, but find it weird since I feel fantastic.

I guess its all the things my body is going through.. maybe someday I will get ahold of my emotions.. until then... I will stock up on puffs plus and not hang out in large groups.. lol
thindownunder01
on 10/4/11 7:10 am - Kingwood, TX
Susan K.
on 10/4/11 11:19 pm - Beecher, IL
THIS IS FUNNY SINCE i HAVE THEM TOO.
I ATTRIBUTED IT TO SO MUCH STRESS IN MY LIFE & I JUST CAN'T HANDLE IT ALL.

YESTERDAY, WHILE SEEING A NEW DOCTOR TO HELP GET ME BACK ON TRACK WITH WHATEVER IS GOING ON WITH MY BAND, I JUST STARTED TEARING UP, JUST HAPPY HE IS WILLING TO HELP ME I GUESS.
I HAD TO REALLY TRY HARD  NOT TO GO INTO A FULL BLOWN CRY, UGH

EMOTIONS, EMOTIONS & I'M 42   MIGHT BE MENOPAUSE FOR ME, LOL

01/08/09 52 lbs lost in one year post op.....[email protected]
Want to make extra $$$ ? Become a Gold Canyon Candle Demonstrator ! www.mygc.com/susan or email me !

Lisa O.
on 10/4/11 8:20 am - Snoqualmie, WA
The weight loss experience for those of us who have been morbidly obese for a long time can be extremely emotional.  For me, losing weight in the beginning was an emotional roller coaster ride!  There are so many feelings wrapped around our obesity as it is, then the joy and the fears we experience when we realize that this surgery thing may acutally work, can be overwhelming.  It's a big, big, important time in our lives when we realize that we actually CAN do this!

Keep doing what you're doing and enjoy the success!

Lisa O.

Lap Band surgery Nov. 2008, SW 335. Lost 116 lbs.  LB removal May 2013 gained 53 lbs. Revisied to RNY October 14, 2013, new SW 275.

mxekin65
on 10/4/11 9:00 pm
Hijack:

Lisa,

It's been a long time!!!! You look sensational!!!! Go girl!!!!

Have a great day!!!!

Blessings,

Nina

Don't say anything unkind, untrue, or unnecessary.

Grief is not a sign of weakness, nor a lack of faith ...
it is the price of love.

http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/OH_Rox_Round_Rock_SG/
Lisa O.
on 10/5/11 12:35 am - Snoqualmie, WA
Well, hi, stranger!
It's so good to hear from you!
Jean caught me up during her visit in July.  Sounds like your life continues to be full and busy.

Thanks for your kind words.  Life is sure fill of blessings!

DH and I are going to Mexico on the 17th to celebrate our 4 yr. anniversary.  I can't wait!

Peace,
Lisa O.

Lap Band surgery Nov. 2008, SW 335. Lost 116 lbs.  LB removal May 2013 gained 53 lbs. Revisied to RNY October 14, 2013, new SW 275.

Most Active