bocluzeo’s Posts

bocluzeo
on 9/25/18 4:59 am
Topic: RE: Tubing disconnected from Band after a fall-Help

Hi fellow banders.... I am

looking for a Dr. in Mexico that can reconnect the tubing to my band for affordable cost. I had a bad fall back in February and since then nonrestriction. My dr checked for everything, and the band is ok.

Can my friends please recommend who they feel was great and clean and of course safe for this procedure. I was thinking of going tonsleeve, but I feel like I want to do this first.

Thank you-Lea

bocluzeo
on 7/11/06 2:29 pm
Topic: RE: Help...Losing Hair
Hey there, I Had surgery May 2005 and have lost 80 pounds since it started working in October. So latley I have been losing alot of hair in the shower and in my brush. I have not been eating right and have been lazy. So yes, I have been taking my chewables and my biotin pills. Is there any advice out there????
bocluzeo
on 4/30/06 7:34 am
Topic: RE: Warrenty on Lap Band????
Is there a warrenty on lap bands if they leak within the first year? If they do leak then it would be considered a manufactuer default....right? I had breast implants done about 8 years ago, and they came with a 10 year warrenty. If you have any info on what to do or what you have done, I would greatly appreciate it. It seams that I "May" have to pay another deductable for something I haven't done. Other then that everything has been going well with the weightloss. I lost 58 pounds since October.
bocluzeo
on 2/19/06 3:00 pm
Topic: RE: Port Replacement
Hey there, I've got good news for you. I too have gone through the same ordeal as you. I'm gonna keep this short. I have the smallest band and have a fill of 4.76 and boy oh boy has this been a roller coaster. I had surgery May 12 and didn't have restriction till Sep. 29th, then port leaked on Christmas Day. Guess too many pokes. I have given my doctor soooo many research papers about what could possibly be going on, so we have come to the conclusion that my insides are smaller then the smallest band. I have talked to the manufactuer out in California, and he has said that we can fill it to 6.0. My sweet spot was around 4.4. You might want to talk to your doctor about Iso Osmolar liquid to be injected instead of saline. It is thicker and will not do the "Wave". That is when salene goes in and out of the band. Good luck, and keep on it.
bocluzeo
on 8/29/05 1:29 pm
Topic: RE: Too slow for Doc.....
Thats 30 pounds lost.................Uh, why do you feel like a failure????? I had surgery back in May , and last week my band JUST started last week in a 4cc band I'm up 4 fills to 3.75cc. I have lost 2 pounds, but I'm thinking this is not a race, its a marathon, and you should think the same way.
bocluzeo
on 8/10/05 1:25 pm
Topic: RE: 3 cc no restriction
thanks tracy, I appreciate the explanation, and I will ask for another fill soon. This is very frustrating, and I feel like I've been VERY patient.
bocluzeo
on 8/10/05 12:33 pm
He does use Fluro every time and he also removes the fill then puts fresh saline in for the new fill. I am envious of you, because at least you know your lapband is working. Also it sounds like you need to either go down to 2.0 or 2.1 so you can get your solid protein. Call your Dr.
bocluzeo
on 8/10/05 12:24 pm
All I can tell you on your first fill is that you may have the restriction in 2 days or you may have to get 2 more fills. Everyone is very different, and you never know, BUT for me, I thought if I went from 2cc to 2.5cc that I would have some kind of restriction, but my Dr. gave4 me a WHOLE 1cc on top of the 2cc and I feel NO restriction. Don't freak out until your on your 3rd fill like me. It is normal to feel hungry before your first fill. You are just getting over the swelling from the surgery. Good Luck.
bocluzeo
on 8/10/05 12:09 pm
Ok, so I haven't posted for awhile because I've been frustrated and depressed. I have a 4 cc band and today I was filled to 3 cc and tonight I ate and I felt no restriction. Do you understand how frustrated I am? People, I'm at 3 cc just 1 cc away from being completly closed off. I have a great Dr. and I don't have a leak or nothing, and everything is in place. May 12th was my surgery, July 8th was First fill of 1.5, July 25th 2nd fill of 2.0 and then today Aug 10th went to 3. I don't have a 10cc because I asked the day after surgery what he put in. Has any of this happened to anyone else? By the way I've only lost 3 pounds.
bocluzeo
on 7/18/05 5:21 pm
Topic: RE: AFTER-CARE Program......HELP!!!!!
For all the experienced bansters, please tell me what your after care program was like. Tell me how long between each adjustments did you have to wait? Did your Dr. listen to you when you told him you weren't restricted? Did you go to a very good dr. for the surgery and then find a good after care dr., and If so, did your surgery dr. fire you as a patient. I'm thinking my doctor was one of the great surgeons, but not a great after care dr. and I need advice.
bocluzeo
on 7/17/05 5:18 am
Topic: RE: Joined Jenny Craige
Thanks Cathy. I am a little frustrated with my dr., ok wait, ALOT frustrated. He at least needs to hire someone in his office that can do ONLY fills. I will do more research and maybe have a conversation with my dr about all this.
bocluzeo
on 7/17/05 3:33 am
Topic: RE: Joined Jenny Craige
Ok, so I was banded May12th. In June I had a total loss of 15 pounds, which was great. Then I gained 6 pounds before my first fill which was July 8th. I got 1.5 for my fill and lets just say I was able to eat 2 1/2 waffles the very next day. I have no restriction, which I know it might take 2-3 fills before I have restriction. So I called the doctor that next Monday and let him know what was happening, and he won't see me till exactley 1 month later. Right then and there, I felt why did I do lap-band when I can't get restriction when I need it. I gained another 3 pounds that week and felt I needed to do something, so I paid more money and joined Jenny Craige. I am confused on what to do here. Do I switch to a doctor that will have time to do fills, or do I wait and spend money on a DIET program? I expected him to have me in no longer then 2 weeks, but he is so busy that it looks like it will take a month at a time. Any advise will be of great help.
bocluzeo
on 7/14/05 3:16 pm
Topic: RE: Banded on Mon. No weight loss? normal?
Its JUST been 4 days. If your not patient now, then you will drive yourself crazy. I've been banded for 2 months now, and I lost 18 pounds then had my first fill, and I actually gained, because there is NO restriction. It could take 2 more fills before there is restriction. Good Luck, and know it took you years to put on the weight, and it will take time to get it off.
bocluzeo
on 7/14/05 3:11 pm
Topic: RE: United Health Care
My husband works for XO and I'm on his policy and we had no problem getting approved. Just make sure you give them a 5 year weight history, cuz it took UHC 2 months to approve me. They just like taking time doing things, but other people got approved like within 2 weeks. Good Luck. Lea
bocluzeo
on 5/31/05 9:52 am
Topic: RE: I got a fill!!
YEEPIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I knew you'd come through this obstical. Your band was just giving you a huge test, and making sure that you still wanted it, then SUPRISE, your on cloud 9. Maybe you can still do the lingerie thing anyways to celebrate. Cheers, Lea
bocluzeo
on 5/29/05 4:53 pm
Topic: RE: Drinking before meals??
My Doctor says to drink right up to the moment of eating, because the fluids go rights through you, as long as you don't chug it. When you have a fill, you should always get fluid down with no ptoblem. If there is a problem, then you are too tight.
bocluzeo
on 5/28/05 9:49 pm
Topic: RE: Feeling sick...
Alyssa, I went through the same thing you did, and I was able to drink fine, so I moved to full liquids. I had 2 ounces of soup every hour, and sometimes I made myself runny oatmeal. I felt 100% better. Some doctors are totally different with eating. I was 3 days clear liquids and then 1 week full liquids, and now I'm 2 weeks mushie. The only thing you should be concerned when moving into a different food departmen****ch out for throwing up. If this happens, then your still swollen or restricted.
bocluzeo
on 5/28/05 9:22 pm
Topic: RE: no restriction
You should only be worried about slippage if your constantley throwing up. Remember that your band is sown on the sides and not the middlle, and if you are throwing up, then the middle part of the stomach could come up through the band. Now if any of this is happening, then you call your Dr. other then that eat slow, and drink alot of liquids.
bocluzeo
on 5/28/05 9:17 pm
Topic: RE: muscle milk
I had a personal trainer, and he used it, and I asked if a female could use it. He said its mainley for men who do a intense body work out. It helps your muscles re-build faster. So if you want to look like the "TERMINATOR", then stay away.
bocluzeo
on 5/22/05 5:19 pm
Topic: RE: What was your post-op diet?
Hey Patty, 3 days------------Clear Liquids 4th day and for about 3 more weeks------------full liquids, runny oatmeal, runny mashed potatoes, creamed soups Last night--------------Craved Ice Cream, so went to DQ and ordered a small strawberry shake. Everything is staying down, and have no PB. When eating mushies, I limit myself to 2-3 ounces because I do feel full. I'm gonna stay on this full liquid and mushy stage for another 3 weeks then start adding pureed foods in. I've list a total of 14 pounds as of today. Good Luck, Lea
bocluzeo
on 5/21/05 3:57 am
Topic: RE: Surgery on Monday... YAY!!!
Hey Alyssa, GOOD JOB on losing 15 pounds. Me and you talked before about that liquid diet thing, and I only did it for a week and lost 8 pounds before surgery. I've lost a total with being banded 13 pounds in 2 weeks. Just remember to only drink 2 ounces of clear liquids every hour, and sip sip sip all day long some water. One of the best advices I can give you, is to not bend over for a few weeks, it hurts. Plus don't feak out if you look bloated for a couple of weeks, it will go away, but anyways, good luck. -Lea
bocluzeo
on 5/20/05 4:28 pm
Topic: RE: Gas Under Left Rib...HELP
Thanks Bobbi, I will get some tomorrow. I will try anything. Sometimes I regret having the surgery, because then I wouldn't have this stabbing pain anymore. I just hope it will be fixed so then I can be happy about my sucess. Lea
bocluzeo
on 5/20/05 4:25 pm
Topic: RE: Now It is Getting Fun!!!!
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!! I can't wait till the day that I can have the same experience. I've been a size 8 before, and I looked fabulous, so I know you do too. I'm sorry about your friends treating you the way they do, but the hate they are talking is really about how miserable they are. I too am going through a jealousy issue with my own father. He's always had some sort of "I'm better then you" Relationship with me, which is its own issue, and he too has had a weight problem. I've been going through alot with him latley and seeing him as a person and not my dad. He too wantes lap-band, and would only tell everyone that I was getting it, and that how I don't need it. He would get people to think that it was a easy fix for me, and then the day I had surgery he called up and said was," Two of my friends had it done, and theirs leaked". I basically hung the phone up, and told my husband I can't take anymore of he's negative comments. So even your family members can be a horrible enemy for your success. Life is a book, and you have different chapters and some characters that you meet stay with you, and others just seem to go away. But always at the end of the book things seem to work out. Good Luck with the rest of your journey, Lea
bocluzeo
on 5/20/05 4:00 pm
Topic: RE: Gas Under Left Rib...HELP
Ok so I got banded May 12th and everything went GREAT, then on Sunday night I started to get a pinch on my left side. Then on Monday I would get these speratic pains on the left side again. My stomach is healing great, and I have no pain there. On Monday, I would be walking, and then BAM....... pain that stops you dead straight and brings instant teard. So Tuesday comes and no doubt this pain isn't giving me a tiny break that day. It feels like a balloon is blowing up under the bottom left side of my rib, and then POP it goes away, then I feel a rolling rumble. I haven't had the popular shoulder gas pain, so I know the gas is trapped on the 90 degree angle of my large intestines. I went to the doctor and he ran test and said everything is fine, and the dr. says its just muscle pain or maybe I need to go to a pain managment dr. I told him NO its not muscle pain, and no its not in my head, because I know what that feels like, this is intestinal. He said that he doesn't know then. So I have a Gastro Intestinal Appointment on Monday, but what I'm asking here is, have any of you had this problem and how long did it take to go away? The pain is so unbearable at times, so any advice would help. I have done the Gas-X and doesn't do nothing. -Lea
bocluzeo
on 5/18/05 6:25 pm
Topic: RE: OMG Ouch!
IF IF IF IF IF IF your band slipped, then you would have constant acid reflux, and always ing after every meal. Maybe you just got sick off of Ice cream. Don't worry, just drink some hot clear liquids tomorrow to help get your swelling down. YOu should always revert back to hot liquids if you have a problem. Good Luck, Lea
Most Active