bocluzeo’s Posts

bocluzeo
on 5/18/05 6:16 pm
Topic: RE: Follow-up: progress not perfection
Caeli, Just remember these words," ITS OK TO SATISFY YOUR BAD CRAVING EVERY ONCE IN A WHILE". With all the hard work your doing, its not like your gonna gain 30 pounds for having ice-cream. So what if you gain A POUND the next day, just eat sensible for that day, but don't starve yourself. We have this winning tool in our bodies that is there to help us through the weight loss, but will also let us have a REAL TREAT every once in a while, JUST LIKE NORMAL PEOPLE. Get the SF popsicales in-case you have your craving 4 nights in a row, but know your ok by doing it. Your doing a great job, and remember your life is a new life because of Lap-Band, and you will never go back to being morbidly obese like before. So keep doing what your doing, and BE HAPPY. -Lea
bocluzeo
on 5/18/05 10:20 am
Topic: RE: If I leave my house I'm gonna eat!
Hi Caeli, I know how you feel, and yes I've wanted to stuff my face with junk food, then had all the guilt afterwards. But then I started to compromise with myself to where I don't deprive myself either. Why don't you go and get your ice cream, which is my favorite too, but get a small cone of something you like. You SHOULD be able to enjoy it once or twice a week, but compromise and make it a smaller portion. Make it something you will enjoy and eat it slow. Make sure happy thoughts are going through your mind when you have every bite, and then be satisfied, then done. Good luck, and enjoy yourself. Lea P.S. Don't beat yourself up, but don't get out of control.
bocluzeo
on 5/18/05 10:11 am
Topic: RE: Went to First Session w/ Exercise Physiologist
You go girl, BUT.......................are you released from your doctor to be working out other then walking? I had my surgery on the 12th, and there is a BIG chance of be ripping my stitches still. My doctor hasn't released me to REALLY working out for another 4 weeks. Be careful, but keep doing it if you can. Lea
bocluzeo
on 5/17/05 8:26 am
Topic: RE: HELP Gas Question, I hurt
Ok, so my doctor just called me 10 minutes after I left the message, thank god, and he said that it could be the port, but I told him there is no pain where the port is, and the pain is right where my breast start on my left side. At least 5 inches over from where the port is. He asked if I was running a fever, no, was I able to drink, yes, and then he said, it could mid as well be gas, and if I wanted to go in and see him tomorrow I could. I told him if he doesn't see a problem ,that I'll just wait and see then call him. Thanks for all the advice. I love this message board!!!! Lea
bocluzeo
on 5/17/05 8:21 am
Well I'm 5 days post-op on liquids. I hope it doesn't happen in the future, because this really is wrenching. I'd rather have that neck or shoulder pain.
bocluzeo
on 5/17/05 8:13 am
Ok, so I called, but I had to leave a message with the on-call doctor. I called at 5:01, and they leave at 5:00. Hopefully nothing serious. Thank you, Lea
bocluzeo
on 5/17/05 7:59 am
Ok, so about this gas problem that I read that almost everyone has in the shoulder or neck. I haven't had any of that, but last night I started to feel my side pinch, like I ran very fast and couldn't breath and then my side hurt. Well then today I'm having this spuratic stabbing pain below my chest and then it rolled on my side again. Everytime I move the stabbing gets worst then I freeze, then all of a sudden its gone. I have a feeling it is gas, but I haven't read on here that anyone had the gas where I'm having it. Can ya'll give me your experiences and let me know what ya'll did. thank you, Lea
bocluzeo
on 5/17/05 7:43 am
Topic: RE: I HAVE MY BAND - WHAT A GREAT FEELING!!!!!!!
CONGRATULATIONS to the other side. My doctor had me on Milk of Magnesia. There are 2 ways you take the instuctions, One for antacid or Two for constepation. All I had to do was one small dosage of this and the next day was WHAMO BAMOO. Good luck-Lea
bocluzeo
on 5/17/05 7:38 am
Topic: RE: Silly poll - Port or starboard?
hahahahahahahahah your funny, I'm Port Side, Captain.
bocluzeo
on 5/15/05 5:10 pm
Topic: RE: Feeling Dizzy Post-Op
I'm 3 days post-op and I'm feeling dizzy with a constant headach. I'm always sipping liquids, and getting 60 grams of protein in my Isopure drink. I'm going to the restroom alot, and I'm peeing clear, so I'm not dehydrated. Another question........Are we supposed to keep clean band aids on our sutchers, or no band aids and let the tape fall off. Thank you, Lea
bocluzeo
on 5/14/05 2:18 pm
Topic: RE: What a Special Night in Dallas
Hi Keith, I wish I could of made it tonight, but I think I over did it and I'm so tired and achey since I'm 2 days post-op. Ya'll give such great support, and know Cher had a WONDERFUL night. I'm hoping to feel better for Mondays meeting. By the way, how is your ankle doing? -Lea
bocluzeo
on 5/14/05 5:47 am
Topic: RE: Home & BANDED
I think I already replied to you, but not sure. There really wasn't any pain, a little uncomfortable. I had surgery at 1:30 and was out by 4 and had my first morphin shot at 7, then another at 12. I got up from my bed by myself and even was able to strap my own feet air pumps back on. Those help to get blood flow to your feet. The next day I had a some loratab for the drive home, but really was fine. I came home and was cleaning up a little, and even stopped a cat fight, which I do not recommend you bending over for a few days because THAT hurt. It was just a fast reaction that I wasn't thinking. Now 2 days out and I'm great, just tired because of lack of protein, but I'm trying to get that in with Clear Isopure, which you can get at the Vitamin Shop. It really does feel like you just worked out for the first time. I don't have that gas pain people are talking about, but maybe in a few days. I'm not worried about nothing, now that the surgery is over with. Good luck, Lea
bocluzeo
on 5/13/05 11:53 pm
Topic: RE: C-sections and the band
I have never had a c-section, nor a baby, but I will tell you I'm 2 days post-op and I just feel like I'm getting over a work out for the first time. I came home yesturday from the hospital and started to clean up the house and felt fine. Then later that evening, my husband and I went for a short 15 minute walk outside. Even in the hospital I didn't need any help getting in and out of my bed. I've seen women who have had c-sections, and they do look painful. No worries.....cuz everything.............will be just fine. -Lea
bocluzeo
on 5/13/05 11:49 pm
Topic: RE: Band slip?
I have not had a band slip, because I'm 2 days post-op, but can probably tell you that you should of waited to do any hard labor 6 weeks post-op. If your band slipped, then you would be throwing up everytime you ate something or drank or would have acid reflux all the time. I'm not sure, but I have read other peoples forums when theirs did. It sounds like you just worked your core area out, and it wasn't used to it, just like doing crunches for the first time. Just rest for a few days, but I don't think there should be anything wrong unless you can't keep anything down. -Lea
bocluzeo
on 5/13/05 5:05 pm
Topic: RE: What was your post-op pain level?
1)The day of surgery=3 felt like I did crunches for the first time, but was totally fine. 2)The first couple of days out= 1, Feels like I'm getting over the crunches. 3)A week out=Not there yet 4)2 weeks out 5)Now
bocluzeo
on 5/13/05 10:24 am
Topic: RE: I'm confused and need help
Hi Jessica, I was at the last Band-Aid meeting, and if you were there, I was the one that JUST got my approval letter that day and was pretty emotional during my interduction. If not, I hope to meet you soon. So yeah, I'm confused, so what your saying is, that I can sip on clear liquids all day until I'm full, but then have to have 2 ounces every hour of protein shake???? I'm 1 day post op, so I don't want to skcrew anything up by stretching my little pouch and make it more swollen. Also, were you able to bend over after your surgery? I accidentally bent over trying to catch my cat fighting another cat, and one of my sutchers got a little bit cloody, but not bad. So once again, I look forward to meeting you Monday night. Thanks for your input. -Lea
bocluzeo
on 5/13/05 9:14 am
Topic: RE: I'm confused and need help
Ok, so I just posted that I'm banded, but now I need help. It says I can have 2 ounces at a time, but what does that mean????? Does it mean I can swallow 2 ounces every 5 minutes or do I have to wait 30 minutes till I can have my next 2 ounces? Any advice about post op would greatly help. Thank you, Lea P.S. I'm not restricted, so I've been SIPPING water or broth throughout the day.
bocluzeo
on 5/13/05 8:01 am
Topic: RE: Home & BANDED
Hi everyone, Well here is my experience. Went to the hospital Thursday at 11:30. Filled out paperwork, and had my I.V. put in. They made me take a cap full of this SOUR TART liquid to ease the stomach acids, so you don't have reflux during surgery. It wasn't bad, just tasted like Lemonade without sugar. Doctor came in and we went over everything and reminded him not to put the incision near my bra line, and he said ok. So I get rolled into the surgery room and guess what music they were playing? It was my wedding song "Stand by yourside" by Sade. So I started to cry because May 25th is our 2 year anniversary, and then I had a terrible thought I wasn't going to see my husband anymore, but then went to a positive thought and said to myself," My husband is here with me and has stood by my side during this whole thing". Then they put a gas mask on me and said for me to breathe in a few and then POOF Then I'm awake with a horrible burning sensation in my throat, and they said they had to clean my mouth out with alchohol before they put the ventalator down my throat, and guess a little went down. They gave me chloroseptic for it, and felt better 4 hours later. Everything felt fine, and they started me out on 2 ounces of liquids every hour. Pain was not bad at all, and I only had morphin twice, once at 7 pm, and then at 12 am. It seemed like I had to go to the bathroom every hour, but was fine doing it by myself. The nurses kept checking on me, because I was so quiet. I didn't sleep at all, because narcodics keep me awake, so I asked for a sleep aid and they got me one. I only slept for 2 hours because I had to go to the bathroom AGAIN. Next day came and did a live x-ray to see how I was swallowing, and I am not restricted and I can pretty much drink normally. By the way, I won't tell you how bad the X-ray liquid was. Just get to your room ASAP and brush your teeth. Its not a barium liquid, something worst, but handled it fine. I didn't have any problem with gas, just a little pain in the shoulder, but my husband massaged it out. Other then all this, everything went GREAT. The nurses and staff were wonderful. I came home on Friday at 1:00 pm and walked around and put things away and felt fine. I'm doing my dad a favor and keeping his 2 siamese cats and finding them a home,so they are in our bedroom. My cat dodged past me and my reaction was bending over to grab him, and I felt like I tore a suture. No cat fight, thank god, and one of my incisions was bleeding a tiny, but nothing bad just try not to bend over. I am now laying in bed writing to my fellow pre-op and post-op bandsters. I'm on clear liquids for a week, then 2 weeks of full liquids then 3 weeks of mushies. I have a 10 cm band that holds 4cc, and my doctor removed some of my fat padding, which I've been concerned about. Next thing I wait for is my first fill in 6 weeks, then things will really hit me. Smooth sailing through this whole experience, but I will tell you I was a bit nervouse the night before. Now looking back I was being overly dramatic. I even had the "In-case I die talk", but everyone should in-case something does go wrong. I do recommend taking Milk of Maganesia for constepation, because they gave me Demeral and Morphin, and that will make you constepated no doubt. So when you get home take 2-4 tbls of it then wait it out. Trust me, you'll be glad you did. So I know I've been going on and on, but I hope this helped any future bandsters to know how it really went. Just be careful, because I may not be restricted, but you might be, so follow instuctions to the T. I am following them myself. Well thanks for all the support, and I'll keep you updated on my weighloss. -Lea
bocluzeo
on 5/12/05 1:10 am
Topic: RE: OK, IT'S TIME!!!!!!!
Count down has begun and 3.5 hours till LIFT OFF, and I hope Houstin has no problems. I'm off to have my surgery, and I can't stop hiccuping. Ok, so I got to get ready. Love ya'll, Lea
bocluzeo
on 5/11/05 5:23 pm
Topic: RE: office gossiper
Oh yeah, she's gonna say something to people if you don't say something fast. The reason why I say this is because She knows you and didn't even come up to you and talk to you about it because she just left. She probably got in her car and called her friends up and said,"Guess who I saw at my meeting tonight?" I would definaltley take a firm approach and reminder her that she is in HR, and that if she disrespects your privacy that you will take metters above her, and then show her in the e-mail that you copied yourself on it. I know the type, and don't be nieve that she hasn't already told someone. This is your personal life, and she doesn't need to be spreading it around at the workplace and cause havoc. E-mail it fast. Good Luck, Lea
bocluzeo
on 5/10/05 10:29 pm
Topic: RE: What to Take to Hospital????
Can any experienced Bandsters give me advice on what to take to the hospital? Can I take my cat, Boo Boo? Just Kidding. I'm getting SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO excited. Ok, so thanks for the advice. -Lea
bocluzeo
on 5/9/05 2:11 am
Topic: RE: Greys anatomy episode
Oh My GOSH, that show ROCKS. I'm having surgery this week, and I knew before she even lifted her shirt that she had one of the Gastric surgerys. I really held my breath and hoped it wasn't lap-band. I will tell ya, that before I go into the surgery room, I'm gonna ask my anesthesia person to blow in my face, to make sure they weren't drinking. -Lea
bocluzeo
on 5/8/05 4:37 pm
Topic: RE: Education on vitamins
I too take liquid vitamins. Mega Vitamin, Vitamin C, and B-12. I feel really good with lots of energy. Puritans Pride is a good website, and GREAT PRICES. -Lea
bocluzeo
on 5/8/05 4:23 pm
Topic: RE: Please give me the strength not to cave in...
GIRL, I AM SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO RIDING THE BOAT NEXT TO YOU. I too am on my second day of liquids. I had to go to a Graduation party Saturday night, and they had sushi, shrimp, spinich pin wheels, and a HUGE 3 teired cake made by a professional. I really went into the LIONS DEN. I was so bad behind my husbands back, because I had 3 bites of cake and 1 small dixie cup of a frozen margaritta. I do feel like my friend tried to sabatoge me by talking me into eating them and saying it was ok. I don't blame her, but I do know she is a little jealous that I'm doing something about my weight and she isn't. Then today was Mothers Day, so I cooked and waited on everyone, and sat and drank OJ. I think this is the hardest thing ever, but I'm trying. I also had to go to the bathroom ALOT. Good luck, and we can do this. Lea
bocluzeo
on 5/6/05 1:21 pm
Topic: RE: Unjury Ideas???
It can't be TOO hot, just warm or it will clump.
Most Active