Looking for help over coffee??

alle
on 2/20/12 3:25 am
RNY on 05/15/12
Hello everyone.  I have been on here a few times and have gained alot of information and courage from you guys.  I have 2 more meetings left one with the dietician and 1 with the psychologist both in the next couple of weeks.  Then I am waiting for the confirmation of my surgery date. 

I have decided on the bypass over the sleeve and thought I had it all settled in my mind but then this weekend the panic set in.  I started reading the pre and post op diet info I found online and got an overwhelming panicing thought that maybe I can't do this after all. 

I am not very good at communicating this way and was just wondering if one of you ladies who has been through the surgery and is getting back to "normal ife" would have time one Monday afternoon to meet for coffee in Winnipeg somewhere for a quck chat.  I would meet you where is most convenient to you.  Thanks in advance, I hope talking to someone who has been there and is doing it will help me. :-)

Mishyme
on 2/20/12 4:13 am
**** I wish I would have read this sooner!!   If you want you can personal message me and I could talk to you over the phone! 

I had the VSG surgery in October 2010 at the Victoria Hospital. I have succeeded with the sleeve and I have a very physical job.(Landscape Maintenance and Snow removal)

If you want take a peek at my profile, I was probably the fattest( weight wise) on the scale to get this surgery done.  My fattest weight was 311 in the summer of  2010 and today I am at 193lbs.I have been this weight now since October 2011.  The last 20 pounds is probably extra SKIN!!

I know the program has changed a little bit since I was there, but I might be able to help.

Michelle
Stats: HW 311 lbs in Aug 2010, VSG on 10/19/2010, Surgeons goal 208lbs, My Goal 175lbs or less Current 193lbs
alle
on 2/21/12 1:35 am
RNY on 05/15/12
(deactivated member)
on 2/20/12 5:17 am
Michelle_2975
on 2/20/12 7:27 am - Canada
Please feel free to message me. I generally have Mondays - Wednesday off work and can meet up with you.

A dream come true!

sexy_me
on 2/20/12 11:24 am
VSG on 02/06/12
 I'm two weeks out today from VSG and it's the best decision I ever made. I did the surgery panic dance for days before mine. Im free to chat if you'd like to anytime

West Coast Bariatric Surgery Centre Program - VSG, February 6/12, Richmond, BC

alle
on 2/23/12 4:36 am
RNY on 05/15/12
Thanks for your replies ladies.  I thought I read somewhere here about a meet and greet coming up?  Is that something I would be able to attend? 
Most Active