Want to start a Group!- Garden City and surrounding areas!

marymazilla
on 8/30/11 1:51 am, edited 8/30/11 2:07 am - GARDEN CITY, MI
I am a trained OH group leader! I am willing to facilitate a group in my area for those who wish to attend  and any who wish to travel to the area.  For me to do this Meetings need to be with in 15 to 20 minutes of the city of Garden City, if not in Garden City.

If your are interested in participating Please
PM me
Your Name
Phone
best time and day of week for you to meet
How often you would be willing to attend IE.. 1 x per week, bi-weekly, monthly.
What you would like to contribute to the administrative (planning, records, activities topics of discussion, meeting agendas, news letters, presentations)
How much time you prefer a general meeting should last. Should we plan special trips and activites.
Or other helpful ideas/suggestions you can bring to the meeting?
Would you be willing to contribute to administrative cost such as, printing information, refreshments, ? If so How much do you think would be resonable/ do-able for you budget?

Please remember One person can not do all the organizing, If it is a group we all must take part in making what we want it to be!

Your surgery type
when surgery
if your planning/ pre-op/ post op just getting information/ family support member!

Thank you Mary

"When we stop running away from the situation that is scary - that is the moment we discover how strong we really are. So, acknowledge your strength...rejoice in it...and start breathing in life, as the beautiful, strong soul (being) that you truly are." - Rachna Sirtaj.......Love & Peace

boxermom
on 8/30/11 4:45 am - MI
Hi Mary,

I am always interested in meeting up with great people.  Even though I don't live in your area, I am willing to travel because there aren't any groups around me.  You have my info and here are some answers to your questions...

best time and day of week for you to meet - I prefer anytime between 10a-2pm weekdays

How often you would be willing to attend IE.. 1 x per week, bi-weekly, monthly. - Monthly

What you would like to contribute to the administrative (planning, records, activities topics of discussion, meeting agendas, news letters, presentations) - Activities and Topics

How much time you prefer a general meeting should last. Should we plan special trips and activities. - One hour w/ the opportunity to go longer if the discussion runs over

Would you be willing to contribute to administrative cost such as, printing information, refreshments, ? If so How much do you think would be reasonable/ do-able for you budget? - I can help with costs sometimes, but am on a limited income.  I think maybe a sign up sheet for refreshments and maybe a rotation system for the printing of articles, etc.  I don't think we will have a need for more than say 15 copies, and most of us can do that on our home printer.

Your surgery type - Rny lap
when surgery - June 2007
if your planning/ pre-op/ post op just getting information/ family support member! - Post op

Thanks for posting this Mary!

BM

Thoughts become things... choose the good ones!

Boxermom
290/190/160  TT done
sw/cw/gw 

marymazilla
on 8/30/11 5:00 am - GARDEN CITY, MI
Hi BM
thanks for the reply

After we see who is interested and here they live and what times are good for everybody. We can zero in on a place and time to hold our first few meeting to organize better.

My hours at my new job very but I will try to make them adjust to my schedule.

Miss you and hope we can get this happening soon!
Like start right after labor day!

"When we stop running away from the situation that is scary - that is the moment we discover how strong we really are. So, acknowledge your strength...rejoice in it...and start breathing in life, as the beautiful, strong soul (being) that you truly are." - Rachna Sirtaj.......Love & Peace

cheryl B.
on 8/30/11 10:20 pm - Oxford, MI
Thursday or Friday mornings work for me, around 11 or so. I will need the travel time.
marymazilla
on 8/31/11 9:57 pm - GARDEN CITY, MI
HI Cherly will call you later!

kajunblues
on 8/31/11 2:01 am - Wayne, MI
I would love to do this too. I have gained back so much weight I need some accountability. The problem I have is I work from 7 - 3:30. I can help with administrative and refreshments...not a problem.  I live in Wayne.

Keep me in the loop please.....

Sherrill (Kajun)
Kajun
marymazilla
on 8/31/11 9:56 pm - GARDEN CITY, MI
Glad to see your still around! Missed YOU!

justjudy
on 8/31/11 5:17 am - Canton, MI
I would come, Mary, and would help as much as I can.  I think we should discuss your questions at the first meeting, because everyone has a different idea of how a support group should work. The last time I tried on the leader did all the talking about her new business ventures and love life, and it wasn't exactly much support. 

Generally Thursday or Friday evenings or Saturday mornings are best for me.

Judy

marymazilla
on 8/31/11 9:55 pm - GARDEN CITY, MI
Hi Judy Glad to see you again!

Although I can talk a blue streak. I don't want to be the floor show! Initially I am just trying to get a day and time for a starting point. We are all at different levels in our journey and can be most benificila to each other and know how to best be supportive to each other.
The Questions I have asked will give everyone some ideas on what kind of a supportive meeting we should have.

I kind of hope to have at least one or two meetings each month where we and our family are welcome. also we could as a group plan a special outing or activity for us and our support people to attend. Closed meeting if need be!

But like I said One person cannot do and run it all.

momofsix
on 8/31/11 5:36 am - Pinckney, MI

Totally interested Mary!!!  I grew up in Westland, but live in Pinckney now (about an hour away).  I would be willing to travel though, but probably only bi-weekly.  Also willing to help out with stuff, just depending on what you would need me to do.

I really need to surround myself with other Gastric Bypass people and those wanting WLS as well.... I need support and also want to be able to a support to others.

Keep me posted on what happens... Looking forward to something like this....

HUGS,

Shawn - Lap RNY 11/16/06
319/169/185/204 - 5' 7"  Starting/Goal/Lowest/Current

Most Active
Recent Topics