Question

yoopertroll
on 3/4/12 7:23 am - Fremont, MI
I had surgery up in Marquette by Dr. English in 2008. I haven't been seen since 2009 because of no insurance and I moved to Fremont. Insurance went out the door with my ex. My parents think I should make an appt for follow up care with a surgeon here and have labwork done etc with my tax return. Can my PCP order what needs to be done or do I really need to see a surgeon. Who would you recommend the Surgeons in Muskegon or the ones in Grand Rapids. Muskegon is 45 min and GR is about an hour. Either is doable. Can I get some feedback of who to see please?
Barb RNY August 4, 2008
 PHILIPPIANS 4:13

marymazilla
on 3/4/12 11:08 am - GARDEN CITY, MI
PHP can order what is needed. but be sure that you php is knowledgeable as to what your WLS test results need to be and what test are required. It would be a good idea to have your former surgeon send records and  suggest yr  php what is required yearly. I am not in your area so I cannot recomend where to go. you could call your sergeon and ask their office to recomend some one for you. What surgery did you have? and What kind of maintenance is required . Is it a band? do you need fills? or RNY reqiring yearly blood work and vitamins.

You should at least contact your surgeons office and ask this questions.

"When we stop running away from the situation that is scary - that is the moment we discover how strong we really are. So, acknowledge your strength...rejoice in it...and start breathing in life, as the beautiful, strong soul (being) that you truly are." - Rachna Sirtaj.......Love & Peace

yoopertroll
on 3/4/12 8:02 pm - Fremont, MI
Thanks for your help. I had the RNY. I have to see my PCP for my annual torture tests anyway which it has been 3 years so I will start there.
Barb RNY August 4, 2008

LoriLH
on 3/5/12 5:47 am - MI
Hi!  I would highly recommend Dr. Gluk in Muskegon.  My mother had him as a surgeon and she has been extremely satisfied with every aspect of care she has received from him and his office staff.
Good Luck!

Also, she has also attended a WLS support group that meets at the Tamarak fitness center right there in Fremont, this could be a useful place to get support and information.
Lori

yoopertroll
on 3/5/12 7:57 am - Fremont, MI
Thank You. May I ask what your mother's name is? Maybe I know her. I grew up in Fremont. My Dad was a surgeon at Gerber and PMG. YOu can send me a private message if you want.
Barb RNY August 4, 2008

msharp
on 3/5/12 9:16 am - Holland, MI
VSG on 02/29/12
I  would recommend Dr. Foote, he has  his  practice  with  Grand health Parteners  in Grand Rapids but  also has  his  practice  at  North Ottawa Hospital in Grand Haven

Mary

Sandra C.
on 3/8/12 1:48 pm - Kalamazoo, MI
 Dr Kemmeter at Grand Health Partners, Grand Rapids
www.Grandhealthpartners.com 

I drive 1/12 hrs from Kalamazoo to GHP. His practice is well worth thre trip. The staff is so nice and caring. He is a super person, and great listener. Excellent credentials, the best!!!!   I was so pleased with every aspect of my D.S. surgery, and after care. I would do it the same, If I had to do it over, and I would do it in a heartbeat!!!! It was definitely the right surgery over all the others, and the right surgeon.
D.S. or nothing!!!

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

Duodenal Switch- lap
Dr. Paul. Kemmeter Grand Rapids, Mi.
Dr. John  Renucci, Plastics, Body contouring,Grand Rapids, Mi.
Start 255/ Surgery wt 235/ Current wt. 117

BMI-20, 135 lbs lost, 5'3"

Most Active
Recent Topics