The New Year Fresh Start weigh-in thread

rjsams
on 1/2/12 4:09 am - Eagan, MN
Okay, for those of you who are newer, or haven't been around for awhile, some of us post our weight, both ups and downs, each week on Monday in order to stay accountable.  You can post your weight or not, as you choose, but it is a good chance to check in with a support group and be honest with yourself about your status.

So here's mine:  I've had a lot of trouble with the holiday sweets.  I've always had a sweet tooth, and it is back with a vengeance.  It's time to get all this stuff out of my house!   I have been pretty consistent in my exercising, so that has helped, but I still freaked out on the scale this morning.  Time to buckle down!!

Starting weight: 298.4 lbs
Last week: 140.7 lbs
This week: 142.0
Gain of 1.3 lbs!  I am now 2 lbs OVER my "freak-out" number!  AAAGH!  (That's me, freaking out.)

Still running and cross-training consistently, but I need to get back to protein first, limit the night-time snacking and permissive "treats."  New year, fresh new start.  Who's with me?

redsnapper1975
on 1/2/12 5:06 am
I'm with you!  I'm up .8 this week.  Not much, but I'm still in the early losing phase and don't want to screw this up!  I am back to full liquids for this week to purge the carbs from my system and stop the constant hand-to-mouth pattern that's been going on.  Hopefully it'll slap me back into my GOOD habits and produce a nice weightloss as well.  Onederland is still right around the corner.  I was hoping to be there for the new year, but the holidays got the best of me.  I've had my fill and I'm done!

Have a great week, everybody- see you at coffee (finally!) next week!

~ Kim

Marsha F.
on 1/2/12 7:42 am
Alrighty I am in.......

Start 300

Lowest 164

Today 199

I need to get back on track, but I also need the support, so I am here and ready.

speechied
on 1/2/12 11:06 am
I like this idea and am somewhat new here. I had a VSG on 9/1/11. Here goes...

Heaviest 210 lbs.
Pre-VSG Journey weight 195 lbs
Last week 154
This week 154

Christmas and New Year's have come and gone and I have stayed the same for the past two weeks. I am ok with that. It's good to have a fresh start in the New Year and to get back to routines, which we lacked over the holidays. Here's to a great 2012~!
nicole W.
on 1/2/12 2:09 pm - Bismarck, ND
Ok, in the spirit of trying to get back on track, I will post. Maybe seeing it on the screen will kick start this process.

Highest 270

Lowest  143

Current 178 (7 weeks post IVF baby)

I want to do a pouch test and go back to basics from post op diet, but will have to do some research on that and breastfeeding. I am setting my goal weight at 150-155 now.
 2007_0529WEIGHTLOSS0114 by you. 2007_0529WEIGHTLOSS0117 by you. Sparkles by you. 
rjsams
on 1/3/12 2:18 am - Eagan, MN
Welcome to our new posters--yay!  Hopefully we can all support and encourage each other. 

I like the idea of the 5-day pouch test--I saw that some of you are doing that.  Seems like a good idea to get back to the basics and clean out our systems of the toxins we put into them.  I'm not going to do it myself right now, but I'm keeping it on the possibility list.  I think I can accomplish what I need to do by "detoxifying" my house and cutting out the sweets.

Keep us posted!

redsnapper1975
on 1/3/12 5:06 am
I just have to say- day 2 of just liquids here and it's so much easier than pre-op.  I guess my hunger is just than much less now.  I feel like this is really going to help me cut out the snacking/grazing/midless eating.  Time will tell.
~ Kim

debim3
on 1/3/12 12:42 pm - Roberts, WI
Count me in too.  I've been struggling with my eating for close to a year now.  For those of you who are newly post-op...ADVICE...it's so easy for the first 1-2 years.  I can now eat almost anything I want and I don't dump very much anymore and when I do dump, it's very minor.  Try to avoid the trigger foods you have and try not to get new trigger foods.

OK, off the soapbox...

Highest   265
Last week   155
This week   156.5

Goal of 145
(my lowest was 129, but my lowest maintaining weight was 135 .. too low for me, I was too bony so I've revised my goal to 145)
HW 265 / SW 226.5 / CW 130.5 / GW 135

Darla S.
on 1/3/12 11:25 pm - Maple Grove, MN
I really should participate here...  I've ALWAYS had a love/hate relationship with my scale (love it when it shows a loss, hate it the rest of the time).  I know I need to get on it more than once a month to stay on track - I LOVE to see losses!  The problem is, if I don't get on it again for 3 weeks, well, chances are I'm still congratulating myself on the previous loss with crap I really shouldn't be eating, and then I'm back to HATING my scale - and I don't get on it again for a very long time.

I haven't gotten on it since before Christmas, so for today, I'll just share what I know:

Starting weight: 377
Lowest weight: 209
Last known weight: 227

Gentlemen, START YOUR ENGINES!  I have YET to see ONEderland - THAT is my ultimate goal.  I'm a big girl, 5'11", so I don't know what's realistic for me, but I really want to see that "1"!!

Imperfect does not = unsuccessful

Most Active
Recent Topics
Valleyfair
kimtree · 0 replies · 1426 views
All In The Family
Darla S. · 1 replies · 1173 views
Any feedback on Park Nicollet?
SNCplus2 · 0 replies · 2642 views
10+ years out -
Darla S. · 2 replies · 2719 views