Fairview Southdale

cindynels
on 6/1/12 6:11 am - MN
 I'm planning on having my surgery at Fairview Southdale and was wondering if anybody else had gone through them?  I haven't chosen a surgeon yet and would love some personal insight:)  

I'm new to all of this and feel a little lost.  I don't know anybody who has had weight loss surgery, so I don't have much of a support system yet.  Any advice on the whole process would be great!
speechied
on 6/1/12 10:43 am
My husband and I had Dr. Laguna and we think he is wonderful! Good luck! You will find a lot of support on this site and I would recommend you find a support group to attend. We have one South of the River that is quite active. 
cindynels
on 6/1/12 12:45 pm - MN
 I was leaning toward Dr. Laguna, so it's nice to hear from someone with firsthand experience.  I am very interested in finding a support group.  How do I go about getting involved with the South of the River group?
speechied
on 6/1/12 1:06 pm
We meet every Saturday morning at 8:30 AM alternating between Eagan Caribou located inside Byerlys and the Burnsville Panera at Burnsville Center. Tomorrow is Panera in Burnsville.  It's easy to get involved. You just have to show up! =) 
NewDayDawning
on 6/5/12 3:41 am
I'm a Fairview girl.... I had Dr. Benn and LOVED him.

The nutritionists leave something to be desired there - I've been to several support groups and we all kind of agree on that.  They are awesome during the honeymoon period - but after that, their advice leaves you wondering if they are idiots.

The south of the river coffee group is an AWESOME group - where we are all honest and throw whatever questions/issues we have out there that are weight loss surgery related and no subject is off limits. 

I'm always happy to answer any questions you might have, and I think I can safely say so would the rest of the group.

Congrats on your life changing decision - I would do it again in a heartbeat!

Stephanie

Dr. Benn gave me an incredible tool.. and I intend to make the most out of it!!

cindynels
on 6/5/12 5:06 am - MN
 Is the support group for pre-op people too?  I'm hoping to have my surgery in Oct/Nov if all goes well:)  Thanks so much for the support!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Valleyfair
kimtree · 0 replies · 1369 views
All In The Family
Darla S. · 1 replies · 1143 views
Any feedback on Park Nicollet?
SNCplus2 · 0 replies · 2614 views
10+ years out -
Darla S. · 2 replies · 2695 views