WHATS HAPPENING FRIDAY

Jan C.
on 8/5/10 11:40 pm - Cedar Creek, MO
OH wow did i ever love yesterday....i had Joe, George , Michele and myself pulling weeds. they were doing the pathways and using the weed eater around the flower beds. i was pulling weeds out of the flower beds ....we really made some good progress. there is a pile of weeds over by the burn pile that is as tall as i am...but a whole lot wider lol
It actually was pretty cool all day yesterday and this morning has been nice too. We are enjoying it while it last.
while weeding yesterday i found 3 or 4 small crepe myrtles that i will dig up and transplant. Sugar was wanting some of them dont know if she has gotten any yet or not...

went out this morning and did a bunch more outside. as soon as it dries off some Joe will start mowing again.

Did you all get lots of rain yesterday? we got about an inch ....was good my plants look so much better. nothing like rain to perk things up....watering with a hose just doesnt do it as well as rain water.
I am looking to find some rain barrels for next year....i hope to find them some where.cheap...will be looking on Craigs list a lot i guess. ..

QUESTION OF THE DAY;;;;; What is your most compulsive behavior....

mine is my scale and my computer.....have to have both it takes a lot to not have them with me all the time...when we went camping this year i could have had my computer with me it had wireless there but i really struggled with the idea and decided to leave it at home. that took a lot to do that.

http://community.webshots.com/user/mimicook?vhost=community

GOD BLESS YOU TODAY
JAN COOK

JB1114
on 8/6/10 12:47 am - Grain Valley, MO
No rain here but it wasn't as hot.

I gues the computer and scale are for me too.  I don't weight every day now so that's an improvement.  Another thing might be I like the window blinds to be even, don't have one pulled up higher than the one next to it.  And, definitely no torn blinds at the window.

Last night I made Beef Strogonoff and it was delicious.  I had a few noodles and I didn't think they would ever go down.  I just can't eat pasta but the beef mix was really good.  Made it with ground beef.....poor man's Strogonoff.

I can really feel the difference cutting back on carbs.  Any carbs I get are good carbs and I'm not having many of those.  I don't feel hungry all the time now.

~Jo~

RNY: July 8, 2008

Dr. John Price

Kansas City, MO

Jan C.
on 8/6/10 12:58 am - Cedar Creek, MO
Sorry you didnt get some rain, it cleaned things up really good and felt so nice...
Im like that about my blinds in my house too if one of them is up then all the blinds on that side of the house at least have to be up the same amount lol Joe thinks im nuts and i cant stand for them to be crocked. but that way about pictures too ...wish i was that way about everything would be a lot neater in the house lol

yeah leaving off carbs sure helps the hunger control...

please drink lots of water to help flush out the toxins that meats leave behind tho ok?   

http://community.webshots.com/user/mimicook?vhost=community

GOD BLESS YOU TODAY
JAN COOK

hazmat11
on 8/6/10 5:46 am
 I went out and about on my own today. Kinda over did it but I hope I didn't do any damage. I even went to the grocery store. I felt a small tug picking up one bag but it didn't last and I do have my binder on. Its only really tight around my ribs though.
The doctor said I could start doing things but he didn't want me sweating. So guess I will have to stay inside. No grass cutting.
I did try on a couple pair of pants and they are too big. I haven't worn them in a while so it could have happened anyway. I do think my waist may be an inch smaller but it was predicted it would stay the same. Its too early to say for sure I guess but I am happy as I can be so far.
I did not eat regular carbs for about the first six or eight months after my surgery. No bread potatoes ,rice at all. Then I started adding a few. I do not eat them often but when I do I seem to feel a little better and can go down a pound the next day. Not sure if its related but I will be scared I will gain because I ate a burger with the bun and I won't. I know if I did it a lot I would. Its a nice treat every now and then. I do not eat pasta and haven't missed it.

Jan why do roses stop producing flowers?I have some that dies back but came back and grow like crazy but no roses. Any idea why?
Susie

Most Active
Recent Topics