9 Years Surgiversary today!!!!

Barbara S.
on 4/22/12 1:29 am - Freeman, MO
Yes, times flies! It was 9 years ago today that I had my RNY with Dr. Hornbostel. I have been busy with activities I had thought 9 years ago I would never do again. My only struggle has been with Iron levels but have that under control. I did fall 3 weeks ago and broke both bones in my left ankle but my calcium level is good so had nothing to do with the break. I was happy to hear that from the Doctors. Just one of those things that happen. Just wanted to check in and let everyone how I was doing and to give the newbies a clue on someone this far out. If anyone has and questions please ask. I would be happy to help.

Hugs
Barbara
Hugs; Barbara
Lap RNY ~ 4/22/2003
5'0" ~253 starting wt. 130 lb loss!
Extended Tummy Tuck with KU Residency Program
01/08/2010 ....Lost another 7 lbs with TT.

hazmat11
on 4/28/12 11:18 am
 So glad things are good for you. I am trying to hold my on, I am slowing gaining but I know I will never get to where I was before. My health is good and I want to keep it that way. Keep posting, we all need to hear how others are doing.
Susie

JB1114
on 5/1/12 4:48 am - Grain Valley, MO
Sorry to hear you broke your ankle.  Hope it heals fine and you don't have any more problems.

I'm still maintaining my weight after nearly 3 years.  My surgery was 4 years ago in July.  Took me a year to lose 70 lbs.  I would still like to lose another 20 but I'm happy with how I look.  I just don't like the numers on the scale.  If I would exercise, I would probably lose but oh how I hate exercise.  I am trying to exercise at least 3 times a week.

August 31st I'm retiring.  A little scary giving up the pay check and benefits.  My husband swears we can make it financially.  I already have a long list of To Dos.  I know I will enjoy it.

~Jo~

RNY: July 8, 2008

Dr. John Price

Kansas City, MO

nene1940
on 10/7/12 3:16 am - pomona, MO

Hi girl, dont see many on here i know....I broke up up above my ankle...lol    gained weight about 30 pds.... help..got any sugestions?....sounds like you are doin good...happy ann....do you ever hear anything from Jan

Barbara S.
on 10/7/12 5:00 am - Freeman, MO
Hello Girlfriend,

I also have put on about 30 lbs but after seeing Dr. H last month...he does not want me to lose but about 10 lbs now...So not so bad. I have been eating alot of carbs so that is my problem. I only hear from Jan on facebook and not that much. They are doing well, harvested their first crop of coffee beans and replanted more. They are taking spanish lessons.  I see Debbie Drury often. She is doing well also. We all need to get together again. Maybe next spring we can get that together. Glad to hear you are doing well.

Hugs
Barbara

Hugs; Barbara
Lap RNY ~ 4/22/2003

fatfifty
on 11/26/12 11:54 am
RNY on 12/10/12

Hello Barb,

Thanks for sharing with us this many years out.  It is good to see someone hanging in there and living a life only dreamed of. I will be watching for all of your updates.

Marietta in MO : Highest weight: 267, Before Surgery and Pre-Op diet; 254.6  

Barbara S.
on 11/26/12 10:42 pm - Freeman, MO

Hi Robert;

Glad to hear from you and Congrats on your Surgiversay!!! It is good to hear from another "Oldie" LOL. Good to hear you are doing well. It is nice to do things I only sit and thought about wanting to do. I have so much more energy now. I am taking my vitamins so much better now that Dr. H told me to take them all together. I know it not always the best but like he agreed with me that getting what I do is much better than none. I am so bad about stopping to take them or remembering them. If you ever have a question you think I can answer please email me I will be happy try and answer any of them. Again, CONGRATS!!!!!

Hugs; Barbara
Lap RNY ~ 4/22/2003

Most Active
Recent Topics