Recent Posts

JB1114
on 8/8/10 1:57 am - Grain Valley, MO
Topic: RE: anyone having
Wishing you the best!!  I've heard nothing but great things about Dr. H.  My WLS was July 8, 2008, and I've never regretted it.  Life isn't perfect as a thinner person, but it's a whole lot better.

There are many really nice people here.  Come here often and talk to us.

~Jo~

RNY: July 8, 2008

Dr. John Price

Kansas City, MO

JB1114
on 8/8/10 1:55 am - Grain Valley, MO
Topic: RE: WHATS HAPPENING SUNDAY
That snake would have sent me in the house never to weed again!!  Looks like temps will be in the mid 90s this week.

My eyes are really irritated and for someone that reads as much as I do that's  really an inconvenience.

We had the best burgers last night.  I mixed Worcestershire sauce, garlic and Cheddar cheese in a pound of ground beef and grilled them.  So good!!  Today is going to Tilapia.  I've been hungry for oatmeal but avoiding it due to carbs.  I bought a box of low sugar instant so I can take it to work.  Had it this morning and it's very tasty.  Before WLS I couldn't stand instant oatmeal.  I know the regular oatmeal is best but the instant is convenient for work.  I added any whey protein powder to it and couldn't even taste it.

I'm going to turn on the AC in my 'woman cave' and work out there this afternoon.  My mother never allowed sewing on Sunday.  She said what you stitch on Sunday, you take out on Monday, but I think that was an old wive's tale. 

Hope all of you have a great day and stay cool!!

~Jo~

RNY: July 8, 2008

Dr. John Price

Kansas City, MO

M. Bates
on 8/8/10 1:49 am
Topic: RE: Dr. Eagon?
Dr Eagon and his staff are awesome!
Jan C.
on 8/8/10 12:10 am - Cedar Creek, MO
S Susie i f forgot to answer you about your roses not blooming, as far as i know which isn't a lot....Do they get at least 5 hours a day in direct sunshine? over fertilizing will cause them to have big beautiful leaves but no roses unless it is fertilize especially for roses. I have found the best all around stuff to use on just about anything is Epsom Salt....no kidding. everything i have gets that once a year except the plants that need an acid fertilizer like Azaleas ....

http://community.webshots.com/user/mimicook?vhost=community

GOD BLESS YOU TODAY
JAN COOK

hazmat11
on 8/7/10 11:35 pm
 That would have been the death of me if I touched a snake. Seeing them scare me to death. My heart would have stopped. The weeds will just have to grow. I am usually not scared of spiders but I saw a tarantula on the side of my house. I stayed far enough away believe me. Whats with all the Texas critters moving to Missouri? Armadillos are awful. 
I am about to give up on trying to weed my bank. We put spreading junipers on it and bark but weeds are coming thru the fabric under lay. It more than any one person can keep back and I am out of commission for a while. We even tried spraying them but they come back.I have thought about adding lots of flagstones. The bank is to steep to mow.
I did absolutely nothing yesterday. Hopefully today I can get in gear. I am feeling better every day.
I am happy I did have the surgery and with my results but it does have me thinking do I really want more. DH has said thats enough but...........Maybe next year.

The heat is supposed to be back with a vengeance this week. Stay cool.

Susie

Jan C.
on 8/7/10 10:31 pm - Cedar Creek, MO
Topic: WHATS HAPPENING SUNDAY
Good morning everyone....!!!!! Well we had a nice break from the awful heat and humidity but it is suppose to start getting hot again. At least i got most of the weeds conqured.. still have one of the big beds in back to get them out of....
Yesterday i worked all day long pulling weeds , i sure am sore i know that. but the garden looks a lot better. not perfect but better.

Today we are going to finish up the shelving in the kitchen....Im anxious to get that done and over with. that will give me more room and eliminate some of the clutter ion the other shelves...

Im going outside in the next few minutes and weed some on that one bed so i can get something done before it gets too hot this morning. Once it gets too hot you might as well hang it up because i cant stay out in it too long now.

Oh i was going to tell you , yesterday while i was weeding i  touched my big black snake without knowing he was there lol really startled me for a  minute but then i realized what the heck it was...he must of gotten as startled as i was cause he high tailed it out of there...lol

talk away i got to go.....

GOD BLESS YOU TODAY
JAN COOK

mecoswan
on 8/7/10 12:10 pm - Concordia, MO
Topic: RE: WHATS HAPPENING SATURDAY
Jan,
   I am faithful with vitamins and protein each day.  and my drinking.  and I agree with you that soda is not good, in fact Dr. H. told us not to drink.  It causes much gas for me .  probably have only drank it 2 times in 5 years.  drink  water, crystal lite, coffee and iced tea.  take care
DYING_2_B_THYN
on 8/7/10 9:55 am - Joplin, MO
 Hello Everyone!!

Man, I havent posted in a very long time. I am doing pretty well. I was almost in a 6 and I gained a little weight ( on purpose) I was starting to look like I was on drugs haha. I am 160-165 and a size 8/10. I usually wear a 10 so that my extra skin doesnt give me that muffin look. Things are going well, Margie told me about a plastic surgeon when I called in Osage Beach. His name is Dr. Hwang. Does anyone know anything about him? I am calling again for a consult. I am hoping he will do it. I am really needing it. Dr. Hawes office didnt think Medicare would pay... I am going to get a 2nd opinion, if they say no, then I am done. I workout 3-4x a wk for 2 hrs or more! I am toning up very nicely... I am going to start yoga next week and kickboxing the following week... I still cant get a new pic up... I am really wishing I could... there is a big change.. but you can look on my profile and I will add some. 

How is everyone? My computer and internet has been down, I hope to check in more. If anyone knows of any good or bad things about the surgeon please share! Or if you know of any other plastic surgeons that accept Medcaid or medicare or have any suggestions on what I should ask or bring when I go for the consult or what I should ask when making the appt. I do have some documentation but no pictures. I do get rashs. Dr. Hawes' office didnt need documents or need me to bring any.. but they ultimately ended up turning around, but I could of had it if I signed a paper agreeing to pay for it if my insurance didnt. 

I wonder if I called them and agreed to if they would still do it? I wonder if I would need to pay a certain % before the surgery... does anyone know? 

I hope everyone is great and I look forward in speaking with all of you real soon!!

God Bless!
Lori

hazmat11
on 8/7/10 7:32 am
Topic: RE: anyone having
 You have the best. He is great and will take good care of you.
Susie

Jan C.
on 8/7/10 5:06 am - Cedar Creek, MO
Connie thanks for posting that about no two doctors seem to know anything or at least agree on the diet for this RNY i dont know why they cant aggree but oh well ....

GOD BLESS YOU TODAY
JAN COOK

Most Active
Recent Topics