Sunnyinmontana how are you doing?

montanadi
on 7/18/08 12:26 am - Sheridan, MT
This board is like a ghost town!!

Amy,  how are you doing almost two weeks out?  are you drinking your water, your protein?? does your doc put you on four weeks of liquids or two?  how's your energy level? are you almost ready to go back to work?   I plan on taking two weeks off then going back to a lite schedule for a week or two. 
Keep me updated!!

Diane
sunnyinmontana
on 7/19/08 1:48 am - MT
    I agree, it does get like a ghost town around here.  We're just too big a state with not enough people!  Or there's just a lot of lurkers and no posters, lol...
     I am doing pretty good.  I am not 100% but getting there.  I am able to do more.  Been walking regularly, although I'm fairly slow.  My energy level is still a bit weak.  I start thinking I can do more things, get started and realize I've done too much. 
    My biggest accomplishment has been sleeping back in my bed and on my side!  It's still a bit uncomfortable, but finally got a little more sleep last night!
     I am constantly sipping on liquids.  I do miss "cugging", lol.  I was able to progress to the phase II diet a week after discharge (don't know what your Dr. recommends), so I've been able to have scrambled egg, cottage cheese and puree tuna.  It's not as easy to get in a whole protein shake post op, so I try to get that in first thing and then find protein sources thru the foods I'm allowed.  I am definately looking at labels and defining my day around protein.  I am still not quite up to the 80 protein a day, but feel I'm doing fairly good.  I have not felt true hunger, nor have I felt deprived.  I am in awe of that, and I hope it lasts.
     I go back to work on Mon, but purposely scheduled myself a short week to "ease back into work".  I'm very glad I did that.  I don't think I'm ready for a full week.  I already know I'm going to be very busy since I've missed 2 weeks.

Most Active