How long is the stomach sore after gastric sleeve surgery

littlewoman
on 6/20/09 8:45 am

Hi!
I had gastric sleeve surgery on June 10th and where my stomach was (where ther staples are now) is still sore.  Is this common?  I can't even lift my arms up high because of the soreness that starts after.

Is it also common to be depressed at this stage even though I am taking antidepressants?

Help!

Little Woman

tinkerbell025
on 6/21/09 9:28 am - Fargo, ND
I think what you are feeling is normal. You just had a major surgery a few days ago, things are going to be sore and tight. As for the depressed mood, this to could be normal this early out. Your body is wondering what in the heck you did to it. Give it time to heal, IF you get worse or things change call your doctor/surgeon- that is what they get paid for.
Best of luck to you, that hit/ran over with a Mac truck feeling will go away in time ( weeks)
Kelly/tink
Maintaining! Start weight 257,Current weight 122,Loss of 135# and 114 inches,Size 22-24W now size 4 to 0 (zero),Healthy life=Priceless

www.onetruemedia.com/shared
littlewoman
on 6/22/09 4:56 am
Thank you for your reply!  I have my 2 week doctor's appointment Tuesday, the 23rd, in Bismarck. I am suppose to go back to work on the 24th, but I still can't lift much.
little woman
koliko
on 7/20/15 12:45 pm - university place, WA

Gastric sleeve

koliko
on 7/20/15 12:50 pm - university place, WA

Hi I had gastric sleeve may.29th so.I'm 9 weeks in.  I'm having dizzy spells I cry and just get terribly emotional.  My stoma*****essions are sore and I've been getting pinching pains.  Is this normal.  I'm really concerned.

koliko
on 7/20/15 12:52 pm - university place, WA

Thankful for your reply helps a LOT.   I actually live.in Seattle Washington

nicole W.
on 6/24/09 10:16 pm - Bismarck, ND
The soreness part is different for each person. As for the depression, your body let loose a ton of hormones after surgery, so the depression is probably normal. Also, remember, even if you are on antidepressants, your body will absorb them differently now. I was put on Zoloft after my emergency surgery as a preventive due to the hormone release and other things that "could" come up. If you feel like your current meds are not working, by all means ask your surgeon if you need to switch or add something else for a short time until your body gets back to "normal". Best of luck to you. By the way, who do you see in Bismarck? I just moved here and need to find a surgeon who will check up on my labs each year, since I am 2 years out now.
 2007_0529WEIGHTLOSS0114 by you. 2007_0529WEIGHTLOSS0117 by you. Sparkles by you. 
Most Active
Recent Topics