Shaking in my boots....

Sugga
on 6/13/12 11:42 pm
Hello! I have recently decided to have WLS in Fargo. I am very nervous and a bit confused about the whole process, as I am not sure what surgeon and/or facility  I should consider for my needs. I am open to ALL suggestions and support! 

Cheers,
K

Kelly_DeAnn
on 6/14/12 3:35 am - ND
Hi K.
I am Kelly.  I had surgery on October 25th and have lost 85 pounds since.  I had the procedure at Sanford in Fargo with Dr. Garcia.
I was so excited and ready to do this that I was not nervous one bit.
I have had no issues with anything. 
Have you gone to the classes and the support group?  That will help with the nervousness.
Good luck with your decision.  Do you have a date yet?

Kelly DeAnn Dougherty
Sugga
on 6/14/12 3:42 am
 Hi, Kelly! Thanks for responding to my post! I do not have a date, however I am scheduled to go to the seminar in Fargo Tuesday. Would you happen to knpw how long the process is, I am clueless!!! Oh, I do have a referral from my doctor already...

Cheers,
K
Kelly_DeAnn
on 6/14/12 4:01 am - ND
The process depends on your insurance company and what they require.  I have BCBS of ND and they were fairly quick.  No extra dietician visits required.  I can't remember exactly when I went to the informational meeting but I think my process only took 3 months. 
I am excited for you.  It is an amazing process.

Kelly DeAnn Dougherty
Sugga
on 6/14/12 4:07 am
 Yikes!  I have BCBS of ND too! Three months is not long at all....I am nervous, yet affraid at the same time! Did you like your surgeon? Would you recommend him? I feel very ost, but i hope that the seminar will clear up a lot of my confusion. I was thinking abot the sleeve, but I see a ot of people who have had the RNY so I need solid info for each proceduer! 

Cheers,
K
Kelly_DeAnn
on 6/14/12 4:27 am - ND
They will give you all the info you need at the information meeting.  You can ask questions.
Yes.  I liked Garcia.  Only saw him twice though.
By the time I was thru with the classes, I was not nervous at all and I was more excited.
I did RNY.

Kelly DeAnn Dougherty
Sugga
on 6/14/12 4:43 am
 Thanks, Kelly! You have been very helpful!!!

K
tinkerbell025
on 6/15/12 12:27 am - Fargo, ND
Greetings K!

Welcome to the board. It is a mixed feelings life style change you are looking into. I myself found it to be wonderful and have no regrets. I had mine done with Dr Garcia at Sanford too. RYN on Aug 12, 2008. I had lost a total of 130ish pounds and over time have put on about 15 pounds. I can deal with that.

Reads lots, ask questions and know you are making informed choices. You will hear the good,bad and the ugly from people. Just remember each person is different. Stay positive and roll along.

Hope to hear more from you soon. I also would recommend Dr Garcia.
By the way, the other Kelly (that posted) she is the evil one, I am the angel LOL

Kelly/tink
Maintaining! Start weight 257,Current weight 122,Loss of 135# and 114 inches,Size 22-24W now size 4 to 0 (zero),Healthy life=Priceless

www.onetruemedia.com/shared
Sugga
on 6/15/12 3:55 am
 Thank, Kelly ()! I really appreciate your advice, I will hopefully be getting more info as this process starts moving....

Cheers,
K
Kelly_DeAnn
on 6/15/12 2:26 pm - ND
Hey Hey Hey!  That's not fair!  She has to meet us first.

:)

Kelly DeAnn Dougherty
Most Active
Recent Topics