New to Fargo and looking for Support Group...

(deactivated member)
on 7/31/12 4:33 am - CA
Hello All,
I am moving from San Diego to Fargo in a week to pursue a PhD. at NDSU...was hoping there are WLS support groups nearby?? And a way to meet new people, too. :)

dolfinluvr77
on 8/1/12 1:34 am - Moorhead, MN
Welcome (soon) to Fargo/Moorhead area, Angela!!!
As you saw there is a small group that meets occassionaly. Plus I think a few clinics in the area might have one?

Looking forward to seeing your posts here though.
      Began my journey in 2008 at 246#....lost 111#...have regaind about 35#'s of which I am currently trying to rectify!

tinkerbell025
on 8/6/12 12:32 am - Fargo, ND
Angela,
Greetings and welcome to ND. There are a couple of groups you could get together with.

Sanford support group meets the last Tuesday of every month @ 630 pm- 730ish.
It is held at The Family Wellness center in South Fargo.
                              2930 Seter Parkway
I attend this meeting each month and would be more then happy to make your transition into the group a smooth one. We have a speaker each month and also break out groups after to hash over anything people wish to find out info on or just get off their chests.

There is also a small social group that meets at least once a month (The 3rd Monday of each month). We usually meet at a coffee shop (no you don't have to like coffee). It is pretty casual and open forum. In the nice weather we try and meet at a local park (Lindenwood) bring a lawn chair and enjoy the weather while it lasts.

Let me know what you are intrested in and I would be willing to help you.

Welcome to ND again. Best word of advice: get lots of warm clothes! I am originally from CA, My dad, grandparents were in OB San Diego. Others in Baja,Weed and Spring valley. Our weather is nothing close to what you are used too LOL

Kelly/tink
Maintaining! Start weight 257,Current weight 122,Loss of 135# and 114 inches,Size 22-24W now size 4 to 0 (zero),Healthy life=Priceless

www.onetruemedia.com/shared
Most Active
Recent Topics