Hello Dakotans

zoyals
on 12/10/03 10:02 am - Rugby, ND
I have been in contact with meritCare in Fargo, Dr. Monson. I have a referral from my doctor for surgery but my HMO will not approve the surgery until after a referral from Dr. Monson. I hope this will happen soon. I'm a male, 5'8" and weight 290 lbs. I've been fighting eating for the past 25 years. I look forward to the change in my life and understand most of the life style changes that will happen after my surgery. I look foward to hearing from others. David
ndblue E.
on 12/28/03 4:43 am - Dickinson, ND
Hi David! Congratulations on taking the first steps to a better and healthier life!! I am also in the process of changing my life. I just found out that my insurance, BCBS, grated my prior approval! YAHOO! I got my approval letter on Friday, but I don't have a surgery date yet. I'm going to Dr. Bruderer in Bismarck. Good luck in your journey!! Keep us posted!
zoyals
on 12/28/03 4:52 am - Rugby, ND
Congrats. I go for my psyc evaluation on the 12th. Did you have to do this? If so how did it go? David
ndblue E.
on 12/28/03 5:30 am - Dickinson, ND
The psyc evaluation is a pain in the a@@! LOL* I had mine last month. It took a total of about 4 to 4 1/2 hours. I talked to a dr. for about 40 minutes. Then you have about 5 different tests you have to take. I felt like I was back in high school taking SAT's!! Just be honest on all your answers and you'll be fine. Don't overthink the questions, I had a habit of doing that!! One of the test's was about 600 questions! It ask's the same questions over and over again, just in a different format! Don't sweat it, it's just time consuming! Take care!
Jan S.
on 1/5/04 9:30 am - SD
David, My doctor is Dr. Monson. He is a great surgeon. I have done pretty well since I had surgery on April 3, 2003. I had no immediate complications. I did, however, get a internal hernia. When I went to see him- he immediatly did surgery. I was told that he does not mess arond with his gastric bypass patients. He is very knowledgable and competent. I would not worry one bit about the surgery or the surgeon if accepted as one of his patients. If I can be of any assistance- please feel free to email me. Good Luck
zoyals
on 1/5/04 12:18 pm - Rugby, ND
jAN, From the time you first met with Dr. Monson how longer was it before you had your surgery? David
Most Active
Recent Topics