Momma Angel

TX M.
on 6/10/04 3:23 am - Tx
This post was written by Sharon Neva.......... I do not know exactly what to tell you or how to say it. Knowing this moment would come, does not make it any easier. Our beloved Momma Angel has been taken to her rest--her long journey is over. Her 2 daughters and their husbands, the hospital chaplain, and her own minister were there (he just happened to be dropping someone off at the hsp) Those that she left behind were- her husband, Butch; 2 daughter, 2 son, 10 grandchildren; several foster children, many relatives; and many friends- including her AMOS family. Her daughter, Rebecca, wanted me to pass along that she got the first packet with all the MB posts and Paula's surgery page and she spent all night reading those messages to Momma Angel. The family didn't know how much she was loved by all of us and they comforted the family so much. She was so thankful that she could read them and let Momma Angel know just how much she was loved. Becky said that Paula did smile while she was reading them. The words that you posted meant the world to the family. Rebecca said that you all have become "little angels" to the family. A memorial will be held Sunday. If you are in the MI area and would like to attend, please email me for the information. If you would like to send a card or do something for the family email me for details of the families wishes. During the time of her illness, there have been countless tributes and expressions of affection and respect. How do we explain the number of posts? Because of her unselfish giving, perseverance, kindness, compassion, and her ability to make all OH members that she encountered, however fleeting, to feel special and loved. Momma Angel was the first person to reach out to most of you when you signed up to OH. She came along when many of you needed her the most, a time when you were feeling alone and scared of the journey ahead of you. She gave many the faith of the possibility to achieve their goals. Now is our chance to say thank you to Momma Angel for the way she brightened our lives, even through her own pain and adversity. She made it her life's ambition to make sure each and every member knew that they were not alone and that someone cared. Join me and promise Momma Angel that we will carry on her mission and keep her dream alive. As we post our thoughts, we come here to mourn, but also to give thanks, to remember what a difference her life meant, and to celebrate the person Momma Angel was, and all she gave to so many ObesityHelp members. Sharon Neva
Most Active
Recent Topics