Recent Posts

Maxie L.
on 5/21/13 8:10 am - Lincoln, NE
Topic: RE: rny to ds tricare MTF

Dr.  Hung with surgical associates in Lincoln does revisions.  Tricare has a once in a lifetime policy unless the original surgery failed.

chilliebabie
on 5/1/13 2:10 am - SCOTTSBLUFF, NE
Topic: Does Medicaid cover revisions?
I'm curious does anyone know if Medicaid will cover a revision? I had the lap band 5 years ago and I'm thinking the bypass would have been the better choice for me
Linda K.
on 4/30/13 1:49 pm - Omaha, NE
Topic: RE: Insurance denied - now what?

Omaha Gastric Bypass might be able to finance. 

Contact Information

6828 N 72nd St Omaha, NE 68122   Here is their website.   http://www.locateadoc.com/thomas-white-md/financing   Hope this helps.

linzeelee
on 4/21/13 2:07 pm - Omaha, NE
VSG on 05/17/13
Topic: RE: Insurance denied - now what?

I'm sorry, I have no suggestions. My company excludes bariatric surgery as well. I am self-paying for a my surgery in Mexico. Just thought I'd say hi to a fellow Omahan and send you my best wishes!

dhomaha
on 4/20/13 6:59 am - Omaha, NE
Topic: Insurance denied - now what?

I work and live in Omaha and work for a company that is self insured that excludes weight loss surgery.  Two of my docotors have told me that is what I need and I am now considering looking for a new job with a company that has insurance that does it cover it.  I have no idea where to start to do this research.  Any suggestions??

Linda K.
on 3/18/13 12:52 pm - Omaha, NE
Topic: RE: Omaha Support Groups

Methodist Bariatric Center has support groups as well as Alegent Creighton.  Just go on line.

(deactivated member)
on 3/14/13 11:28 am - NE
Topic: Omaha Support Groups

Just wondering if anyone had any info about the support groups in Omaha. 

Thanks

jemmatennel
on 1/29/13 5:50 am - NE
Topic: RE: MEDICAID AND MEDICARE SURGEONS LIST!

Hi!!!!

As of right now, neither branch medicare or medicaid are allowing (paying for) the sleeve gastrectomy.  Yes, it is true medicare said that they will allow is BUT each CAT gets to decide if they want to or not.  Right now, the CAT that NE is in has decided no, but it is up for review in February. 

:)

jemmatennel
on 1/29/13 1:44 am - NE
Topic: RE: Support groups in the Omaha Area

YES!!!!!  UNMC Bariatrics holds a support group meeting every 2nd Monday of the month!!!  We learn a lot of things from speakers and more things from our peers.  I you need information, please call the office they will let you know when the next meeting is and what the topic is!!!  The number for the bariatric office is  402-559-9500.

jemmatennel
on 1/29/13 1:36 am - NE
Topic: RE: Question about Medicaid

Ah Medicaid!  They require:

6 months of Supervised Weight Loss

5 Year History of Obesity (Which is less fancy jargon, means documentation that shows that you have been overweight for at least five years.  You can get this from your PCP or from any other Doctor you've been seeing regularly as long as they have your weight documented and the weight places you in an obese weight range.

Psychological Evaluation

Nutritional Evalualtion

If you are Nebraska Coventry Medicaid you will need  some extra testing that that they will help you with at the doctors office.  ( I know this because  friend of mine had to go through it when we did this together.)

The Nebraska Medical Center has a FANTASTIC information session and when I was going through my process the staff there was so helpful.  At the time the coordinator was Stacy P, but now it's this very kind and sweet woman named Jamiela and she will help you through and she is always so pleasant on the phone.  They hold their information sessions every 2nd thursday of the month and they have their support group every 2nd monday of the month!!!!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Newbie Question
elowe · 0 replies · 4746 views
Insurance
Tashac · 1 replies · 5902 views
Party Time!
monymony · 0 replies · 6241 views
NE health care exchanges
dhomaha · 0 replies · 6312 views