Recent Posts

jemmatennel
on 1/29/13 1:09 am, edited 1/29/13 1:10 am - NE
Topic: RE: MEDICAID AND MEDICARE SURGEONS LIST!

Doctors Corrigan McBride and Vishal Kothari with the University of Nebraska Medical Center both accept Medicare and Medicaid Patients.  

Their phone number is 402-559-9500

The are with the University Nebraska Medical Center and The Nebraska Medical Center.  Their office is located on 5th floor of the Durham Outpatient Center.

The address for them in their offices and for their staff is:

983280 Nebraska Medical Center

Omaha, NE 68198.

*They are also a center of excellence, and a Blue Distinction Center.

They are amazing Doctors and have an incredible staff!  Their information session is very informative and they have plenty of time to answer any of the questions you may have.

I had surgery with Dr. Kothari (Sleeve Gastrectomy 2010) and I am down 150 at a nice weight of 130lbs.  And I kept it off.  

4seasons
on 1/18/13 5:33 am
VSG on 08/13/12
Topic: RE: scheduled to have surgery on jan 23rd

I'm here for both of you if you need me. I am from Nebraska and had VSG on August 13, 2012 at St. E's in Lincoln. The BEST thing I ever did for myself.

I'd love to tell you to not be nervous but its just natural. Keep positive thoughts and follow the directions of your surgeon. Follow the eating/drinking schedule set up by the nutritionist and the surgeon and the days will go by fast.

Good luck to you both!

"It's not about perfect. It's about effort. And when you bring that effort every single day, that's where transformation happens. That's how change occurs." 

HW: 310 ~ SW: 289 ~ GW: 175
momii3
on 1/11/13 6:06 pm - NE
Topic: RE: scheduled to have surgery on jan 23rd

I am scheduled to have my DS on Jan 30th so I will be a week behind you.  I too am interested in support on this journey.

I'm really nervous about having surgery but excited about losing weight and being able to do things that I have not been able to do for a very long time.   I too am a mother to 3 and a grandma to 3.   I have 3 boys....2 married and in their 30's and one 18 and a senior in high school.   I am very lucky to have a very supportive family plus 7 siblings who are very supportive too.  

mamma3girlygirls
on 1/11/13 6:35 am - Kearney, NE
DS on 01/23/13
Topic: scheduled to have surgery on jan 23rd

looking for friends  to support each other in this journey

Tammy C.
on 1/2/13 9:22 am
Topic: 2013: 20 Funny New Year's Resolutions

2013:  20 Funny New Year's Resolutions

When it comes to New Year's resolutions, our family members and friends can get quite creative and even funny with what they resolve to do in the New Year.  Here a few good ones I have heard along the way...Oh, and a few of my own!

1.  I resolve to stop procrastinating about procrastinating!

2.  I will stop sending Facebook messages and emails to my loved ones when they are in the same room as I am!

3.  I will use my treadmill for something other than a place to hang my jacket.

4.  I will not sit at the kitchen table in my PJ's all day.  Instead, I will move my computer to my bedroom.

5.  I vow to never take a laxative and a sleeping pill on the same night!

Click here to read more!

All my best, 

Tammy Colter
Director of Media & PR
Editor-In-Chief
ObesityHelp.com
OH Magazine
Weston and Gage's
Gr M

on 10/8/12 6:54 am - O'Neill, NE
Topic: rny to ds tricare MTF
Can anyone help me? Does Tricare cover any revision surgery? I had rny 8 years ago and have gained almost 100 lbs back. Would like to have a revision to DS. Is there a Dr. in Nebraska or SD at a MTF that performs the DS?
Love ya all!!  Weston and Gage's Grammie M.                           
Rhonda M.     312 surgery/162 very briefly/ 172 maintaining
                                     Surgery 1/18/2005

Loni*
on 10/5/12 11:26 pm - TX
Topic: RE: Support Group in Lincoln?
Mel, thank you so much for the information. I wasn't able to make it to the Oct. 2, meeting due to illeness in the family but I will find out the info for the 16th meeting. Thank you again for your help.

Loni
meljac22
on 9/24/12 9:11 am - NE
VSG on 10/09/12

Hi again Loni.. I found my schedule and it says that the next meeting will be Oct 2nd from 6pm-7pm... The meetings are in the located on the lower level education center at the hospital..  Here is the phone number if you want to call to get the schedule or talk to the cordinator of the support group.. The Phone number is 402-219-7638  If you call they will send you a schedule via email and that way you will be up to date on things.. I know on the Oct 16th meeting it is off-site a field trip so you might want to ask about that one also.. that will not be at the hospital on that night.. Nov meetings look like the 6th and the 20th  and Dec. is on the 4th.. that is all I know right now.. but call and find out and get a schedule and come join us.. Mel

Loni*
on 9/23/12 10:22 pm - TX
Thank you so much, I really appreciate the information. I will get this on my calendar and plan on it.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Newbie Question
elowe · 0 replies · 4746 views
Insurance
Tashac · 1 replies · 5902 views
Party Time!
monymony · 0 replies · 6241 views
NE health care exchanges
dhomaha · 0 replies · 6312 views